Fall Banter thread

tombo82685

I don't have access to the euro indiv ens, but the mean is pretty rainy for tuesday for the area. Just wondering is it a couple of amplified members or in general they're a decent amount of members with rain? The euro op has showers really, a lot drier than the ens.

I don't have access to the euro indiv ens, but the mean is pretty rainy for tuesday for the area. Just wondering is it a couple of amplified members or in general they're a decent amount of members with rain? The euro op has showers really, a lot drier than the ens.

Wonder if a few blow up that disturbance coming up the coast and are skewing the mean? I know the nam was pretty wet, but it's the nam. 6z gfs had some showers for coastal areas, but not a lot in terms of qpf.

On a side note, absolutely gorgeous day out to kick off EAGLES season!!!!!!

Wonder if a few blow up that disturbance coming up the coast and are skewing the mean? I know the nam was pretty wet, but it's the nam. 6z gfs had some showers for coastal areas, but not a lot in terms of qpf.

On a side note, absolutely gorgeous day out to kick off EAGLES season!!!!!!

Thats what I'm thinking. I mean it has 3 6 hr periods of .1-.25 for phl and all of the burbs, with one period the .25 contour getting close to phl

Thats what I'm thinking. I mean it has 3 6 hr periods of .1-.25 for phl and all of the burbs, with one period the .25 contour getting close to phl

euro op came around to its ens mean..gets .75 close to phl. Very sharp cutoff. .75 to phl while ukt gets .1

Dry air really winning out. Shore areas should still get some good rains.

On a side note, def feels like fall out there today. Love it!

both euro and ens mean bumped up qpf mainly later tomorrow into wed morn. Tomorrow could be a pretty chilly day with a steady east wind and clouds. Temps probably struggle to get to low 70s

pretty good x class flare thats earth directed happened earlier this afternoon. Unsure yet of CME, but seems likely. 

Here is an image of the R3 event, as it was captured in progress by the Solar Dynamics Observatory. The event has now ended, and HF communication impacts on the daylight side of Earth are subsiding. Analysis is underway to determine if a coronal mass ejection (CME) that may have a trajectory towards Earth did or did not occur. If so, Earth's magnetosphere will likely be disturbed and a geomagnetic storm (NOAA G Scales) could result in the next few days - allowing for the Northern Lights to be seen farther South than usual. A G2 storm Forecast Watch had been previously issued valid for 12 September, due to a previously observed CME early in the week.

https://www.facebook.com/NWSSWPC?fref=photo

xflare_strip.jpg

If indeed a earth facing  AB event would put on a decent light show pretty far south. 

At 4:30 in Gap, it was a windswept rain, probably the ugliest of the day.  By 5:30 the clouds were breaking, and by 6, it turned into an absolutely stellar late summer/early autumn evening.  Crisp air, cool breeze, and you can feel the temperature drop significantly as the sun goes down.  Love this time of year.

• Like 1