Jump to content

The 90s Club June 17th-19th. Tom Cheering It On.


Bananashadow
 Share

Recommended Posts

11C + predicted 925MB temps gives both 5/3 & 5/4 a chance at reaching 90F.  This will be assisted that it is not extremely wet going into this stretch and the delayed leaf-out because of what looks to be the coolest April since 1984. (Otherwise 2007).   PHL itself might be thwarted by the Delaware River, but the more leafing deprived places farther northwest in our part of PA and parts of interior Delmarva and southern NJ are in the running. Congrats.

Capture.JPGx.JPG.0a00448a747b2f8409501dccd8944f86.JPG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

more like

Image result for punch in nuts gif

I have to get some Advil.

Lucky for you 00z/29th GFS holding on to 90 potential.  21C @ 925mb on Thursday May 3rd / 23C @ 925mb on Friday May 4th.  16C @ 850mb on Thursday May 3rd / 17C @850mb on Friday May 4th.   I have to recall if there was 925mb contamination last summer with this version, 850mb regardless if within 1C is widespread high 80s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We remain on/close to schedule for Thursday & Friday.  Both of those days also look rather breezy at this point, probably more red flag warnings.  Might not matter if we have a huge leaf out between now and then for some areas.  (Predicted 925s highlighted).  Add 11C to 18z temp (20/21C) usuaully pretty good for max temp projections.  GFS continues to show some cloud cover (I am not enamored by their guidance on this and it might be more cirrus than anything else), maybe that saves us from hitting 90F.

Capture.JPGd.JPG.7b61005124514be68b38279a58394ceb.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

We remain on/close to schedule for Thursday & Friday.  Both of those days also look rather breezy at this point, probably more red flag warnings.  Might not matter if we have a huge leaf out between now and then for some areas.  (Predicted 925s highlighted).  Add 11C to 18z temp (20/21C) usuaully pretty good for max temp projections.  GFS continues to show some cloud cover (I am not enamored by their guidance on this and it might be more cirrus than anything else), maybe that saves us from hitting 90F.

 

The EPS mean is pretty cloudy too I would say, with them showing 60-80% coverage. Still probably will manage mid to upper 80s if thats true, hopefully not 90

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

The EPS mean is pretty cloudy too I would say, with them showing 60-80% coverage

I don't know, the look is not one that screams mostly cloudy days.  To me it is more like mid-high level debris clouds from time to time.  I don't think PHL will hit 90 because of proximity to the Delaware, but would be more surprised if no legit stations top out <87F than a smattering of 90F(s) occurring here and there (Hello Reading and Berkeley Township).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

I don't know, the look is not one that screams mostly cloudy days.  To me it is more like mid-high level debris clouds from time to time.  I don't think PHL will hit 90 because of proximity to the Delaware, but would be more surprised if no legit stations top out <87F than a smattering of 90F(s) occurring here and there (Hello Reading and Berkeley Township).  

Yea I think mid to upper 80s are a lock pretty much, hopefully no 90s. Upper 80s is bad enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The GFS wraps moisture currently in Kansas & Iowa into our area tomorrow and pops some thunderstorms.  I doubt the 65F dew point will verify (which is needed for thunder or else capped), but a moister air mass/more clouds may save a 90F.  GFS MOS for VAY is actually higher today than tomorrow (89 vs 87) for this reason.

index.png.ba1a7ba8277630afe78d7d1f398c94ca.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PHL's record highs

May 2nd.....89F in 2010

May 3rd......90F  in 2001

May 4th......91F in 2001

 

ABE's record highs

May 2nd.....90F in 2001

May 3rd......91F  in 2001

May 4th......92F in 2001

 

ACY's record highs

May 2nd.....88F in 2010

May 3rd......89F  in 2001

May 4th......91F in 1965

 

TTN's record highs

May 2nd.....88F in 2010

May 3rd......90F  in 1913

May 4th......89F in 2001

 

ILG's record highs

May 2nd.....90F in 1894

May 3rd......90F  in 1913

May 4th......88F in 1965

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...