March 6th-7th Miller B, Let's Do It Again....

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I took the plunge, but this is what happened when you follow the nam

Even my cat is drooling over the NAM:  

I'd also like to know if the 12Z Euro has changed the timing. I dread coming to the office in Plymouth Meeting tomorrow only to have a nightmare commute home again like last week (and mine wasn't nearly as bad as what many people went through).

• Like 1
1 minute ago, greg ralls said:

I'd also like to know if the 12Z Euro has changed the timing. I dread coming to the office in Plymouth Meeting tomorrow only to have a nightmare commute home again like last week (and mine wasn't nearly as bad as what many people went through).

I'm not even coming in to West Chester.  Hopefully you can WFH.

• Like 1

The most shocking (odd?) thing about the Euro is the wide precipitation field.  Regardless of whether that is Kuchera or 10:1, that is a very wide, forgiving gradient.  I'm trying to figure out why it is forecasting such a wide area of heavy QPF.

6 minutes ago, snowlurker said:

Quite the disparity in haves/nots with respect to the rain/snow line and mixing between the North Americans (NAM, GFS, GGEM) and Euro. I thought there would be convergence.

I'd toss the NAM+GFS. Keep GEM+euro

Just now, chescopawxman said:

Sign me up for the Euro - Chester County is the bullseye...

Hey, I'm exactly 3 miles from the Chester County line, and 8.4 miles WNW of MQS. I'm scraping that bullseye too :)

13 minutes ago, greg ralls said:

Just don't. My office is in Blue Bell. I was away last Friday but coworkers reported nightmare drives from this area and Norristown east towards the City.  My plan is to take work home and hunker down.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

This event reminds me of Feb 5 2001 to a degree.

Yes, that one was similar. Hoping for a better outcome here - 1". More snow at work along 295 in SJ in that one due to heavier qpf.

6 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

I'd toss the NAM+GFS. Keep GEM+euro

3 minutes ago, susqushawn said:

2nd

I'd like follow your wisdom, jedi masters, but for the rain/snow battleground, the GGEM and Euro are worlds apart according to what is depicted on weather.us. As Vinny Barbarino would say, "I'm so confused!". Bonus points to anyone who gets that...

• Like 2