February 10th-11th Heavy Rain Event Obs

Rainshadow

34 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

It started here, had a brief shower.  We'll probably lose our phone line and internet connection again tomorrow, happens every time we get a soaking rain.

Do you have underground utility lines?  Our neighborhood does, and I've definitely noticed that before too. 

This is my first event with a proper rain gauge (finally).  

.24" so far in NW Chesco, and moderate rain, very dense fog as well.     43.8 degrees.   Hoping things start to dry out tomorrow afternoon and salvage a couple hours of the w/e.

Ice on the ground is disappearing quickly.

So far today 0.62" of rain - for the MTD we are at 2.96" of water equiv which is 1.76" above normal. YTD we are at 5.49" or 0.49" above normal through today. The good news is WXSIM forecasts another 3.39" by Monday AM. That would be great for the Township farmers as we are well below normal over the last 18 months. 

Light rain and still 40.2 in NW Chesco.    .69 yesterday and .28 since midnight - .97 for the event.    Still some forlorn ice piles around.

Amazing how QPF is no issue when its warm...

21 hours ago, mshaffer526 said:

Do you have underground utility lines?  Our neighborhood does, and I've definitely noticed that before too. 

This is my first event with a proper rain gauge (finally).  

Sorry, left for work shortly after I posted and at least one person was out.  Yes, they are underground and I see a big lake right now around the electrical and telephone boxes.

• Like 1