Weather App recommendations for Mac iPad/iPhone

rramblings

I just got an Apple iPad (tablet) the other day. I am looking for suggestions for a weather app with radar and forecasts for.my iPad. Preferably one that is free. I know that I will have to put up with ads, but do not want ad to interfere with the app. I don’t object to upgrading to paid version but don’t want to spend more than $10. I have checked out radarscope, perhaps above my pay grade, although I could probably deal with it. Yes, I can easily access info from NWS, but would like an app.

Thanks for any help! 

12 minutes ago, rramblings said:

I just got an Apple iPad (tablet) the other day. I am looking for suggestions for a weather app with radar and forecasts for.my iPad. Preferably one that is free. I know that I will have to put up with ads, but do not want ad to interfere with the app. I don’t object to upgrading to paid version but don’t want to spend more than $10. I have checked out radarscope, perhaps above my pay grade, although I could probably deal with it. Yes, I can easily access info from NWS, but would like an app.

Thanks for any help! 

Spend the $10/year on radar scope. You won't regret it. 

• Like 1

Spend the $10/year on radar scope. You won't regret it. 

I remember the days when software came in a box and was never less than $50 or so, now somehow apps are expected to be free... You get what you pay for. RadarScope is professional grade radar, totally worth its price and then some.

I also pay for AlisonHouse, which provides a faster, more timely feed into RadarScope than the default NWS feed, but that’s more for my Plains stormchasing trips when delayed radar can be a real liability. I

• Like 1

Thank-you Jim and dryslotted for your recommendations about radarscope. I am not intending to sound cheap, one of the merits of starting out with a free version is to try it out before upgrading to a paid version.

I am more of a weather enthusiast. While I am fairly intelligent, having done some reading on meteorology, I am not on the level of many of you on this forum. I am not a storm chaser nor am I involved in an activity where my livelihood depends on quality radar. 

There are a few weather/radar apps on the Apple App Store and I have been reading reviews. That being said, I would be a fool to not inquire here before downloading an App. 

I too am of an age where I had to pay good money for software. But I don’t want to overspend on software.

I am going to wait before downloading an App to see if other of you wonderful folk in this forum want to weigh in. Thanks gain for your help.

Low end (pay) radarscope is a one time $10 charge. That's what I went with. It's the only app. I've ever paid $ for in my life. LOL.

Otherwise, I use the free WUnderground app. which is great for local temp and obs. maps. 

I like the NWSMobile app. (It’s actually the mobile site I put on my homescreen).  I keep my town and my old hometown's locales in there so I can can easily hop back and forth to see current obs. and NWS forecasts.

That's about it for me.

I keep my coffee and weather apps in close proximity ;)

CC5FA97C-698F-4A82-9FAD-E9BB3FD6466D.png

21EEF1B3-7777-46C2-A410-FD19040AD9B3.jpeg

0393B7DF-4B5A-471E-849E-E699D2885ACE.png

• Like 3