1/3-1/4 Nor'easter OBS: Who will win ? Bus ?

Qtown Snow

slightly off-topic, but it's fascinating zooming in on SE PA and S NJ this AM on Wundermap this morning.  Radiational cooling has 10+ temp differences across short distances.  It's definitely a good sign to see surface temps in the single digits prior to a storm approaching. 

wunderground_20180103.PNG.b3b2f8ed2e7248d493b0e5c6f2f60c88.PNG

• Like 1

Warmest day of the year underway here in NW Chesco with increasing cloud deck (see drone pic attached). Wxsim has bumped us up to 4" to 6" of snow with the 12z suite. Not quite buying that this far to the NW with this one - cutoff could be much like 12/30/2000 - PHL with 9" NW Chesco with 1.5" - I woke up that AM to Partly Sunny skies while on channel 6 in Philly that were outside in S+

DJI_0118.JPG

• Like 7

1 hour ago, susqushawn said:

Is the precip off the SE coast along a thermal gradient? I wonder if the surface follows that general path before pushing off ene

Yes,  strong 1000-925 mb fgen is tightening the gradient there.

sellfgen.gif

36 minutes ago, chescopawxman said:

Warmest day of the year underway here in NW Chesco with increasing cloud deck (see drone pic attached). Wxsim has bumped us up to 4" to 6" of snow with the 12z suite. Not quite buying that this far to the NW with this one - cutoff could be much like 12/30/2000 - PHL with 9" NW Chesco with 1.5" - I woke up that AM to Partly Sunny skies while on channel 6 in Philly that were outside in S+

DJI_0118.JPG

Nice pic! Looks like your drone is facing east? Maybe ENE?

Anyways, 27/3 with mostly cloudy skies in Pville.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NEchestercountydude said:

Nice pic! Looks like your drone is facing east? Maybe ENE?

Anyways, 27/3 with mostly cloudy skies in Pville.

Yep NE - you can see the Limerick towers in the distance

• Like 1

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FWRALTV%2Fvideos%2F10157117868687178%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Wow,

Check this out, Charleston SC

EDIT:  heres the URL bc I dont think the embed worked  

• Like 5