Someone Is Going To BGM, Congrats Mitch On Your Well Deserved Promotion!

Rainshadow

Though I don’t know you personally, I’ve always appreciated and learned from your insight!

I’m jealous of your new address (until I convince my wife to move to the Penobscot Bay Area of Maine)...

All the best!!

9 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

I cheated Mitch, he's quadrupled his normal snowfall. 

Yeah, I thought they were lower (like the counties to the west) but various factors must play in their favor. I'd guess elevation (it varies a lot around BGM), LE snow on a strong NW flow and further east so more likely to cash in on coastal storm snows.

21 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Yeah, I thought they were lower (like the counties to the west) but various factors must play in their favor. I'd guess elevation (it varies a lot around BGM), LE snow on a strong NW flow and further east so more likely to cash in on coastal storm snows.

The airport too is at a pretty high elevation, about 1700 feet, I think the city itself is less than 1,000 feet. I put in for a promotion way back when, I remember it being really really hilly. 

• Like 1

Congratulations Mitch, your heat miser isn't going to be very pleased with this relocation

Best of luck in your new position, keep in touch, we want snow pics

Over the years I've spent about a total of 2 wks. in Binghamton for work related stuff, all during NOV & DEC & I don't believe I ever saw the sun

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, colonel_kurtz said:

Congratulations Mitch, your heat miser isn't going to be very pleased with this relocation

Best of luck in your new position, keep in touch, we want snow pics

Over the years I've spent about a total of 2 wks. in Binghamton for work related stuff, all during NOV & DEC & I don't believe I ever saw the sun

When I interviewed for the WCM position up in Binghampton, we spent a February weekend up there.  I told my wife before we went, you will have to get used to not seeing the sun, its pretty cloudy there during the winter.  Of course that weekend was somehow completely sunny (but cold, I think one morning it was like 7 below). They had not much snow on the ground either. Anyway we drove home and by the time we got back to Yorktown, it snowed there.  We had more snow at home than in Binghamton.  I think that's the equivalent of my 267 yard uncartpath assisted drive.  That combination will never happen again.   

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Harbourton said:

Always enjoyed your commentary during big storms and in the long range thread. Good luck and Godspeed. Hope you stay an Eagles fan.

Al B

I was actually born in Vineland, nj before moving to KY. Will always be a philly sports fan. 

• Like 3