July 20 & July 21 (Oh That Day) Excessive Heat and Thunderstorms Observations

Bananashadow

8 minutes ago, colonel_kurtz said:

74 for a low this morning

When you walk outside & feel that slop you don't need to look at forecast to know what's in store today. :cagna2:

Yeah this is going to be one of those glasses fog up the moment you get out of the car days.  I dont know how people without air conditioning make it through stretches like this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rainshadow said:

Yeah this is going to be one of those glasses fog up the moment you get out of the car days.  I dont know how people without air conditioning make it through stretches like this.

My grandfather told me when he was growing up in Kensington during the 1930's he would sleep outside on the fire escape during these kind of days.

Its a full SA alert today! SA is short for "Swamp A$$"

Just got done spraying weeds. Even at 7:30AM it was warm and humid and I need another shower. Any type of physical exertion is going to cause you to sweat to death. 

This would be the time of the year when I was baling hay on the farm in my younger years. I don't miss that one bit. I love my central air. :wub:

1 hour ago, Rainshadow said:

Welcome to why I hate summer. This is no fun working outside in being soaked in sweat from the start of your day to the end. Another reason with each passing day I'm definitely going to move north whenever the chance arises 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Welcome to why I hate summer. This is no fun working outside in being soaked in sweat from the start of your day to the end. Another reason with each passing day I'm definitely going to move north whenever the chance arises 

My sister moved up to a log cabin near Elk Mt. She complained the other day it was too cold. I wish I had that problem.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cbelke said:

My sister moved up to a log cabin near Elk Mt. She complained the other day it was too cold. I wish I had that problem.

I know people hate the cold and what not, I get that. But you can atleast dress for the cold. This garbage you can't dress for. Only relief is in water or by the beach 

• Like 1

Just now, tombo82685 said:

I know people hate the cold and what not, I get that. But you can atleast dress for the cold. This garbage you can't dress for. Only relief is in water or by the beach 

I see your point if you have to work outdoors.  :(     I walked Kresson early yesterday morning and was a wrung dish towel by the end of the round.

• Like 1

AM low 72.1 warmest morning this year...could we hit 90 for 2nd time this year? NWS says 93 and Wxsim says 89.8 - check - let's do this!

Currently 77.5 with heat index of 82.8 - down the shore in Sea Isle City already 85.0 with a west wind

SICHi.20170720_091608.jpg

3 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

I'll still take this over -15 windchill with no snow. 

I feel for you though, I worked construction in the summers of my college years and while I handled it fine I bet it'd be a different story 20 years later. 

At this point in my life I enjoy bright, long, sunny (even if they are hot) days over anything. Probably a mental thing. 

Anyway, 89 at noon IMBY

Just now, Parsley said:

I'll still take this over -15 windchill with no snow. 

I feel for you though, I worked construction in the summers of my college years and while I handled it fine I bet it'd be a different story 20 years later. 

At this point in my life I enjoy bright, long, sunny (even if they are hot) days over anything. Probably a mental thing. 

Yea I hear you. Each person is different

Just now, tombo82685 said:

Yea I hear you. Each person is different

I'm also not "cheering for" extreme heat like some do, I have 2 young kids and this weather does them no good. One is actually on an outdoor field trip today, hopefully they've done their best to keep the kids "cool".

• Like 1

Just now, Parsley said:

I'm also not "cheering for" extreme heat like some do, I have 2 young kids and this weather does them no good. One is actually on an outdoor field trip today, hopefully they've done their best to keep the kids "cool".

Yea I mean this type of weather is no good for anyone, just like the extreme cold. 

High so far here in Chesco was 89.3 - back to 88.0 now still hoping to hit 90 - down the shore it hit 92.7 before sea breeze kicked in and dropped it down to 86.3. High heat index so far today

East Nantmeal 103.1 and Sea Isle City 105.8

SICHi.20170720_134019.jpg