Weather Station

jmister

Hey PhillyWx! I'm Happy to be back in the area (humidity aside) after 10 years in State College! Hopefully I can cash in on one of these super above-normal snowfall winters that I had to watch from the western fringes these past years. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm looking for a weather station to set up at my place because I'm located about equidistant from KPHL, KPNE, and KVAY so I don't have great representation at my house.

Any recommendations for a < $300 weather station set up that has a raw feed to PC? I briefly looked on Amazon and saw Acurite has the elements I'd want but I don't know how reliable it is.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, JSchwake28 said:

Hey Josh, welcome back! Here's a thread from awhile back discussing this..

http://www.phillywx.com/index.php?/topic/864-weather-station/#comment-55602

Thanks man, good to be back!

There's good info in that thread. That Ambient Weather WS-1002-WIFI OBSERVER thing is just what I'm looking for. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2017 at 5:38 PM, jmister said:

Thanks man, good to be back!

There's good info in that thread. That Ambient Weather WS-1002-WIFI OBSERVER thing is just what I'm looking for. 

Did you get your station yet? I found a site where you can get a davis vpro2 for under 300$

On 8/5/2017 at 6:16 PM, tombo82685 said:

Did you get your station yet? I found a site where you can get a davis vpro2 for under 300$

Yeah I actually got the Ambient WS-2902 for only $130 on Amazon. Excellent weather station for the price. Does all I need and is hooked up to Wunderground. Thanks.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

If you are looking for buying a new device, AcuRite 01036 Pro Weather Station is best and reliable. I have been using this device for 2 years at my home for the weather forecast. It works brilliantly and gives me the accurate data. This is my best personal weather station.You can easily mount the 5 in-1 integrated sensor system and connect it to your PC. After reviewing many of sites on the internet I got a great link that helps me a lot to buy this device: https://thehumannest.com/best-weather-station-reviews/. I have also collected the reviews about various weather station from this site, and finally, I found the best device. If you want you can check it out.