Over/Under For Lowest Observed Temps From 5/8 to 5/10. The Winner Is Carl!

Rainshadow

In by 8 pm on Sunday the 7th.  Winner will get the gently used song sheet if it becomes necessary to wear a hula and play Margaritaville at 10/14 outing.  If not winner gets a "gently used" Kirkland golf ball.

There are 10 answers, so please drink coffee and dont complete it too quickly.;)

PHL....42

PTW...37

UKT...36      (lowest observed temp, might not be min)

ABE...36

MPO....32

VAY...38

TTN...39

Berkeley Township....32        (NJWXNet site in the Pinelands)

ILG....40

Bonus: Does it snow at MPO on 5/8 or 5/9?

My guess for lowest mins

phl 42   (push)

ukt 34    (under)

ptw 35   (under)

vay 36    (under)

mpo 31  (under)

abe 34   (under)

ttn 40    (over)

ilg 41    (over)

berkley meso net 33   (over)

yes mpo sees a trace  (It snowed!)

8 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

My guess for lowest mins

phl 42

ukt 34

ptw 35

vay 36

mpo 31

abe 34

ttn 40

ilg 41

berkley meso net 33

yes mpo sees a trace 

So far you are the only that has entered a response, I'd say right now your chances of winning a "gently used" prize is about 100%.

I thought you'd go 16 at VAY.

11 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

So far you are the only that has entered a response, I'd say right now your chances of winning a "gently used" prize is about 100%.

I thought you'd go 16 at VAY.

Needed someone to break the ice. Now this thread should start rocking. I was thinking of putting a - in front of that 16 for vay

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Needed someone to break the ice. Now this thread should start rocking. I was thinking of putting a - in front of that 16 for vay

For all my rants in the other thread about this pattern, its gonna be for me near perfect golfing weather on Tuesday & Wednesday (maybe Thursday too), cant ask for better temperatures and not much wind.

PHL....41   (under)

PTW...36    (under)

UKT...34      (lowest observed temp, might not be min)   (under)

ABE...35    (under)

MPO....30    (under)

VAY...37     (under)

TTN...40     (over)

Berkeley Township....30        (NJWXNet site in the Pinelands)      (under)

ILG....38     (under)

Bonus: Does it snow at MPO on 5/8 or 5/9? - no   (It snowed!)

PHL....38   (under)

PTW...34   (under)

UKT...33    (under)

ABE...33    (under)

MPO....30  (under)

VAY...36   (under)

TTN...38    (under)

Berkeley Township....31  (under)

ILG....39   (under)

Bonus: Does it snow at MPO on 5/8 or 5/9? Yes, car topper in spots.   Not ruling out someone on the board seeing flakes.  (It snowed!)

3 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

For all my rants in the other thread about this pattern, its gonna be for me near perfect golfing weather on Tuesday & Wednesday (maybe Thursday too), cant ask for better temperatures and not much wind.

hopefully we can keep the wind down and clear skies so we can radiate well at night too. 

On 5/6/2017 at 8:00 AM, Rainshadow said:

PHL....41    (under)

PTW...36    (under)

UKT...35.   (lowest observed temp, might not be min)   (under)

ABE...35    (under)

MPO....32  (push)

VAY...37   (under)

TTN...39   (push)

Berkeley Township....29   (NJWXNet site in the Pinelands)    (under)

ILG....39  (under)

Bonus: MPO does receive a T of snow  (It snowed!)

BTW Berkeley Township min this morning was 34, tied for second coldest in state in the Rutgers NJWXNetwork.  

It looks like alot of mins were near/around my original post this morning, which looks good for the unders (other than maybe PHL) since tonight will be the more radiating night.

2 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

BTW Berkeley Township min this morning was 34, tied for second coldest in state in the Rutgers NJWXNetwork.  

It looks like alot of mins were near/around my original post this morning, which looks good for the unders (other than maybe PHL) since tonight will be the more radiating night.

Noticed MOS guidance has clouds rotating around the closed low passing over our area overnight.  The thermal trof is passing overhead right now, so that all makes tonight's mins rather interesting.

The clouds really won last night.

Final outcome of temps, 3 were above, 3 were below and 3 were pushes with avg error of 1.0F, MOS would be proud.:rolleyes:

There were alot of unders, first I'll check direction, then if there is a tie, I'll use your average error as the tie breaker.

wCapture.thumb.JPG.52af6c5256b227a8c95626fe24ed73b3.JPG

• Like 2

The winner was Carl !  Wilmington being under nudged Carl ahead of Tom.  Not only does he win the "gently used" Kirkland Ball, but as an added unbeknownst bonus, he joins us on the hula tour!

Carl, let me know if you are going to be there on October 14th, otherwise, I have to find some other way to get you that ball.   Congrats!

artist2014_kane_kaleo.jpgz.jpgx.jpg.849f503da0d49863f8c8d3d4f7697863.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

The clouds really won last night.

Final outcome of temps, 3 were above, 3 were below and 3 were pushes with avg error of 1.0F, MOS would be proud.:rolleyes:

There were alot of unders, first I'll check direction, then if there is a tie, I'll use your average error as the tie breaker.

Not too shabby. I hear Vegas is looking for someone to help establish the official weather betting line