Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Inlan'easter Observations April 24th-26th

Rain gauge must be stuck. Still .04" here.  

Correction. Now at .10" of rain. Just had a nice shower blow through here. Quick hitter, nothing sustained today.

If that blob off the coast of Delaware comes up this way I can us getting a half inch or more just from that.  Fingers crossed.

radar1.JPG

1 minute ago, cbelke said:

If that blob off the coast of Delaware comes up this way I can us getting a half inch or more just from that.  Fingers crossed.

we hope it does for our gardens, lawns, and tony's freshly layed soil

• Like 2

That heaviest blob of rain looks to go in between nyc and phl from what I can see on current loop. 

54 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

That heaviest blob of rain looks to go in between nyc and phl from what I can see on current loop. 

It looks like its going where all heavy pcpn goes no matter the season, Monmouth County.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

It looks like its going where all heavy pcpn goes no matter the season, Monmouth County.

Yup. That sucks.

.21" as we say so long to the blob of heavy rain heading up the NJ coast and say hello to dark and dreary drizzle.

0.33 today in Sinking Spring, I'll take it considering other paltry inland precip totals I've seen.

2 hours ago, Parsley said:

Good thing this isn't January. ^_^

Euro wishes April had only 23 days, its been dreadful with qpf this month (Not that any other model has been the cat's meow).

Up to 0.60" in Mount Laurel, maybe one or two more stragglers overnight before we get back to the mercy of the timing of convection along cold fronts.

• Like 1

.24" up to midnight last night and then another .16" in the wee morning hours. A bit of an under achieving storm. No run off which was good. 

7 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

Euro wishes April had only 23 days, its been dreadful with qpf this month (Not that any other model has been the cat's meow).

Up to 0.60" in Mount Laurel, maybe one or two more stragglers overnight before we get back to the mercy of the timing of convection along cold fronts.

Yea it def has been bad. Thought it did pretty well with this one though outside that one wet run of 1.2

46 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Yea it def has been bad. Thought it did pretty well with this one though outside that one wet run of 1.2

0.29" since last eve and 1.22" for the event since mon eve - the wet euro run worked here

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

GGEM & UKMET were worse with this, but then again their wet bias is pretty much a given.  Euro is not doing as badly (actually better than any) elsewhere as it has been with PHL.

etsbis.G211RFCf24f72d31.png.3219e2d68b26b5952f7f392288fc9593.png

9 minutes ago, Parsley said:

0.32". 

At least this wasn't expected snow for you:  "Congrats" on the rainshadow...:(

Needless to say, but say it anyway, congrats Monmouth County.

past48.png.c1ece0d4daacd9caefb6cd1374c1c7b1.png

• Like 1