Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Generic Thunderstorms, 2017 Version

Recommended Posts

Not sure if this is the right thread to put this in, but a co-worker sent me this pic.  I'm on vacation this week, but that's my normal parking spot in our office in Wayne.  Storm damage from today.  Glad it wasn't my car.

20170802_145159 (1).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jec6 said:

Not sure if this is the right thread to put this in, but a co-worker sent me this pic.  I'm on vacation this week, but that's my normal parking spot in our office in Wayne.  Storm damage from today.  Glad it wasn't my car.

20170802_145159 (1).jpg

Can I use this on twitter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Can I use this on twitter?

sure.  Anything I post on here is public domain as far as I'm concerned.  Thanks for asking first.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe a mrgl for tomorrow? Sounding isn't half bad. Alright lapse rates, with strong instability. Shear is lacking.

 

 

gfs_2017082018_024_40.25--75.5.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's it take to get a front to move through about 3 hours earlier so the storms don't die out like they have been lately. Those storms Saturday night looked impressive but totally died out as they go close but the Northern energy hung on to dump on ABE area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Maybe a mrgl for tomorrow? Sounding isn't half bad. Alright lapse rates, with strong instability. Shear is lacking.

 

 

gfs_2017082018_024_40.25--75.5.png

Marginal risk west of the city this afternoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Marginal risk west of the city this afternoon

Good call on this, I think you're in the wrong line of work, although I did drive by your course and it looks amazing

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, susqushawn said:

Good call on this, I think you're in the wrong line of work, although I did drive by your course and it looks amazing

Thanks, I taught Tony everything I know in terms of weather 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the write-up.

...Northern VA to eastern PA this afternoon/evening...
   A subtle midlevel trough over northern OH this morning will reach
   eastern PA later this afternoon.  At the surface, a weak lee trough
   from northern VA into eastern PA will help to focus semi-discrete
   thunderstorm development this afternoon as the midlevel trough
   approaches.  Midlevel lapse rates will not be steep, but boundary
   layer dewpoints increasing into the upper 60s to lower 70s and
   daytime heating will drive MLCAPE values into the 1500-2000 J/kg
   range.  Effective bulk shear will also increase to 30-35 kt, which
   is representative of a low-end supercell environment where storms
   could produce marginally severe hail and isolated strong/damaging
   outflow gusts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cbelke said:

What's it take to get a front to move through about 3 hours earlier so the storms don't die out like they have been lately. Those storms Saturday night looked impressive but totally died out as they go close but the Northern energy hung on to dump on ABE area.

Gonna happen again on Tuesday night too. Not good frontal timing as it looks now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×