*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
Qtown Snow

2/9/17 OBS : Rush Hour Crushing

Based on radar trends, looks like my location (Newtown in Lower Bucks) is going to be on the northern fringe of the heaviest precip and may not get all that much snow, am I seeing that right??

That would be a big letdown... and also surprising given that based on forecasts late yesterday we looked to be in the thick of it, and if anything the heavier accumulations were supposed to be north of me, not south...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

31 F, dropped another degree in the past hour. Also got .04" of rain. Started as rain here around 2 AM (models seemed to show all snow) and changed over to snow about 3:30 AM. Been a light snow, nothing heavy so far. About 1.5 inches on the ground so far. Still waiting for the heavy stuff.

2 minutes ago, JimCaruso said:

Based on radar trends, looks like my location (Newtown in Lower Bucks) is going to be on the northern fringe of the heaviest precip and may not get all that much snow, am I seeing that right??

That would be a big letdown... and also surprising given that based on forecasts late yesterday we looked to be in the thick of it, and if anything the heavier accumulations were supposed to be north of me, not south...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jim,

I think the nam fgen banding gets you, still have probably another 4 to 5 hours of snow (albeit it not all at 2-3"/hr). 

• Like 1

just got some more lightning, dumping here at work 31. Looks like close to 2" otg

• Like 4

Snow and gusty wind here. 32. 

Will head out for a measurement shortly. 

605am obs

East Nantmeal Twp

Chester County Pa

S+ temp 31.4

2.5" of snow so far with 1.5" during past hour

Will we see a pivot with this storm..looking mostly SSW to NNE currently?

30.9 approaching 2"