Sign in to follow this  
Mitchg

Winter banter Thread

Can't wait for all this snow to be gone, sick of sitting inside

Havent golfed in nearly two weeks, I am getting the "DT"s.  ;)

Its been great weather for walking.

The ice sculptures didnt do so well in Mount Holly on Saturday.

Havent golfed in nearly two weeks, I am getting the "DT"s.  ;)

I'm all for snow cover when it's cold, but yesterday sucked that you couldn't go outside when it was nearly 60 degrees. 

Have they gotten a good amount of snow this year? I know europe has been pretty warm itself outside of a couple weeks in january.

Yes they have. The French Alps where we will be skiing are 95 percent open. The 5 percent that isn't open is the extreme skiing which I avoid. With the dump they should get this coming weekend, I expect pristine skiing conditions.

They are beautiful and totally different vs N. America including the Rockies.

Lucky sob! Haha. Enjoy. That's on my bucket list!

still 9" of slop snow here on the yard, hopefully it's gone by thursday morning 

Yes they have. The French Alps where we will be skiing are 95 percent open. The 5 percent that isn't open is the extreme skiing which I avoid. With the dump they should get this coming weekend, I expect pristine skiing conditions.

Thats awesome, sounds like you will be having a great time.

Anyone else seeing a few stink bugs around lately??

no, they only reside in delco

Lucky sob! Haha. Enjoy. That's on my bucket list!

If you or anyone who skis want to ski Europe, I highly recommend it. They have skiing for all abilities, but depending on resort, some have more easy, others, more of the difficult, just like in USA. Skiing in Europe is different from here. The food is much better and I like to say that in the US we eat to ski, but in Europe we ski to eat.

Also, if you do want to go, just check out the ski clubs. Most include breakfast and dinner at the ski resort, as well as a room and transportation. They list their trips in the summer and the overseas ones usually book quickly. Some clubs do an extension after the ski portion of 1 week and visit a nearby major city. If anyone wants a ski club recommendation, please send me a private message.

• Like 1

Found this comment amusing lurking in a New England weather forum.  We could label this under the category things you will never hear in a Phlwx thread:

"As I'm sure you agree, rather take chances with a Miller B than an A any day."

Found this comment amusing lurking in a New England weather forum.  We could label this under the category things you will never hear in a Phlwx thread:

"As I'm sure you agree, rather take chances with a Miller B than an A any day."

yea phl is always on the fence with miller b's. Miller a's are the bread and butter

Models are all over the place from run to run with so many disturbances in the northern jet stream. So far there is no consistent indication that there will be a phase with a southern stream storm or a Miller B development. And don't tell me about ANAFRONTAL storms, they never work out lol.

My father was obsessed with three things: the Phillies, the weather, and collecting newspapers. Cleaning out an old box, two of his passions collided and I found this...

post-32-0-58331000-1454541254.jpg

• Like 6

As you mentioned earlier, the NW progression of snow shields has been a nightmare to forecast and now we have a Norlund to contend with,

Al,

Retirement is good.  Norluns are never fun to forecast, cant really do much with them (in terms of bullseyes) until you are within 6 hours sometimes.

lol, this timing is making it harder and harder to justify working remotely tomorrow...

Tom any idea how much total precip for the burbs off the RGEM? Might take a car road trip tomorrow lol. 

I'm waiting to see, hasn't come out yet. I think you should sit down and relax and wait to see how things play out tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Tom any idea how much total precip for the burbs off the RGEM? Might take a car road trip tomorrow lol.

Lol..

You should work for Uber and earn some cash while you're at it!

Thinking about doing a small chase 2morrow to where the RGEM shows the 1-1.25 QPF. Not gonna stay anywhere, just drive around. We'll see. Yes, I am insane. 

• Like 1

I hate to admit it but you were right Tom - qpf is the key

just give me my qpf lol

• Like 1