*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
tombo82685

The "Official" what are you drinking thread

4 hours ago, frankdp23 said:

Are all stores closed now that sell alcohol? I guess it isn't a long drive to nj for some of you.  

You can still buy and order delivery or pick up I believe. It’s on the state lcb website. 

On 2/29/2020 at 4:55 PM, White_Mtn_Wx said:

Any gin drinkers out there? If so, if you ever have the opportunity to purchase or otherwise imbibe this do yourself a favor and take full advantage of the opportunity. Likely the best liquor I’ve ever had. Made in VT. 

0E9A09DF-8D78-49DB-B28E-FC3DC07ACB4B.jpeg

Big gin drinker right here, happy to compare notes with you anytime!!! I have my favorites, and some are cocktail-specific. I have had the Barr Hill Tom Cat, which is great in a Martinez, happy to send you my recipe if you like. I have also had the “regular” (clear) Barr Hill, which has honey in it and is also excellent, although when I put it in the freezer I got some “sediment” in it, which I think may have just been the honey crystallizing...

My (current) favorite gin for martinis is Tanqueray 10. My favorite gin cocktail - probably my favorite overall cocktail - is the Negroni, and I experiment with all different gins. For Negronis or martinis also try Five Saints, made in Norristown.

• Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 6:42 PM, snowlurker said:

Which kind of gin is it like? I like Hendryx and am especially fond of Bombay Sapphire. Okay, I almost exclusively drink Bombay Sapphire. 

Barr Hill is totally different. Not for martinis. Drink it neat, chilled/up or in a Martinez.

• Like 2

Old news already but I haven’t been here in awhile. Smart move, keep people locked down in their homes, without any alcohol. Enforce social distancing, but announce you’re closing the liquor stores so everybody congregates in a buying spree and waits on line together for an hour. Thank goodness my sister in NJ gave me the news, I ran out to the store Saturday night. Bought much more than I needed, but just pulled off the shelves whatever I thought I could possibly want for various cocktails (I enjoy experimenting as a home mixologist). Figured it could take weeks to reopen, plus time to restock and people swooping in and wiping everything out with pent up demand. Also bought plenty of wine for my wife and me, I know the grocery store carries it but figured they would be wiped out once the liquor stores close (and they don’t have a great selection anyway, particularly of the Old World wines that I prefer). It was a 90-minute door to door excursion on Saturday night but I was set. Ironically, my wife told me I got the “wrong” wine so I had to go back and get what she likes at the supermarket the next day LOL.

CF49FF92-1274-4A7C-AB5C-10F4025A65F0.jpeg

4333B4F5-D3C7-49E0-8CFD-45129D9A342C.jpeg

0E63B130-66A5-433A-8F5B-4D444C65EDF3.jpeg

758CD4FE-D18B-4D8F-80E1-FD9929355659.jpeg

Happy St. Patrick’s Day! This Open Gate Guinness milk stout was interesting, it’s not a nitro but it was smooth and delicious. Need to find out more about the relationship between this Baltimore brewery and Guinness. 

Had a Murphy’s with my corned beef, the milk stout as “dessert” right after, and will have a couple sips of Jameson soon just to complete the trifecta. 

DB2E4B24-C780-40E6-95EC-BC0155B79166.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/15/2020 at 10:55 AM, cbelke said:

Same here. Liquor store parking lot looked like KOP mall on Christmas eve. 

20200314_191635.jpg

20200314_191410.jpg

20200314_190624.jpg

20200314_190617.jpg

great selections!

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 8:50 PM, Rainshadow5.8 said:

Only in PA? I have been doing Jack & Coke with pizza. I should have done Jack & Jack & Jack with the insanity from today.

I don’t think so, but it’s insanely good. It’s sugary but man you can put a whole bottle down 

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

I don’t think so, but it’s insanely good. It’s sugary but man you can put a whole bottle down 

NJ liquor stores are considered essential, so maybe I will look for it this upcoming week.  Golf courses are now closed.

Gin and club with big wedge of lime....a strong low cal option for those that care

• Like 2

Here's what I've been drinking since quarantine began:

Great Divide - Yeti Imperial Stout

Oskar Blues - Barrel-Aged Ten FIDY Imperial Stout Aged in Bourbon Barrels

Fegley's Brew Works - Bourbon Barrel Insidious Imperial Stout

Stone - Xocoveza Imperial Stout

Stable 12 - Rodeo Clown Imperial Stout

New Liberty Distillery - Cradle of Liberty Agave Spirit

New Liberty Distillery - Kinsey American Whiskey 10 Years Old

• Like 3

2 hours ago, greg ralls said:

Here's what I've been drinking since quarantine began:

Great Divide - Yeti Imperial Stout

Oskar Blues - Barrel-Aged Ten FIDY Imperial Stout Aged in Bourbon Barrels

Fegley's Brew Works - Bourbon Barrel Insidious Imperial Stout

Stone - Xocoveza Imperial Stout

Stable 12 - Rodeo Clown Imperial Stout

New Liberty Distillery - Cradle of Liberty Agave Spirit

New Liberty Distillery - Kinsey American Whiskey 10 Years Old

You don’t fool around! 😂👍🏼

• Like 3

Victory Brewing Co is doing $3.33 crowlers on Thursday-Saturday. Just curbside p/u 11 for $45 including tip at Parkesburg 👍🏼

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowlurker said:

Wow, that's a s-ton of beer for one shipment! 

It’s such a great app....

Amazing selection of impossible to get beers from all over the US...and new beers added to the app each day!

They will ship ALL the beer you want for a flat $15 with zero human interaction!!!

1 hour ago, snowwors2 said:

It’s such a great app....

Amazing selection of impossible to get beers from all over the US...and new beers added to the app each day!

They will ship ALL the beer you want for a flat $15 with zero human interaction!!!

I count ~36 beers. Mind sharing how much that costs?

• Like 1

I still love the Yeti imperial stout, but with grass cutting season upon us again, I've been working in some Pilsner Urquell and Warsteiner

I've really been enjoying Dogfish Head Slightly Mighty. It has the body and flavor of a classic IPA, but somehow is lowered calorie and an ABV of only 4.0%.

slightly-mighty-open2_square_0.jpg

Bought a 12 pack of my favorite summer beer yesterday.  Sam Adams Porch Rocker.  Now just need some 80s and 90s again :)

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 9:19 AM, frankdp23 said:

Bought a 12 pack of my favorite summer beer yesterday.  Sam Adams Porch Rocker.  Now just need some 80s and 90s again :)

Good day to grill some burgers and enjoy one

20200527_173003.jpg

• Like 1