*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
tombo82685

The "Official" what are you drinking thread

5 hours ago, Qtown Snow said:

Last night

20190811_150803.jpg

That’s quite a mix. Hopefully not all consumed by you ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parsley said:

That’s quite a mix. Hopefully not all consumed by you ;)

we  had several people helping :)

2 hours ago, phillyflip said:

Saw my first pumpkin beers out today...Fall is coming!

368C9D61-5095-47A7-9234-6B2599278832.jpeg

Yup I saw PumKing yesterday.  

• Like 2

Please - I just wanna hang on to summer a little longer before pumpkin spice season 😭

• Like 2

On 8/12/2019 at 10:04 PM, Qtown Snow said:

YES!!! Pumpkin time = It's Coming :)

I've been enjoying Pumking from Southern Tier this weekend. Halloween stuff for sale at Home Goods. I'm ready!

On 8/18/2019 at 9:22 PM, greg ralls said:

I've been enjoying Pumking from Southern Tier this weekend. Halloween stuff for sale at Home Goods. I'm ready!

not until i get overnite lows in the 30's

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eastonwx said:

not until i get overnite lows in the 30's

If you wait that long, Wegmans might be sold out!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, greg ralls said:

If you wait that long, Wegmans might be sold out!

lol, if I wait that long, the winter beers will already be out!

• Like 1

I'm hoping I'll see Southern Tier Warlock Imperial Pumpkin Stout soon, too. I like that even better than Pumking.

While I am not a pumpkin spice fan and find very few pumpkin ales to actually be drinkable (like Southern Tier's offerings), I'll be glad when craft brewers start focusing on cold weather brews. I'm pretty sick of summer beers.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, snowlurker said:

While I am not a pumpkin spice fan and find very few pumpkin ales to actually be drinkable (like Southern Tier's offerings), I'll be glad when craft brewers start focusing on cold weather brews. I'm pretty sick of summer beers.

I agree. Southern Tier's Pumking & Warlock Imperial Pumpkin Stout are the only two I like. I'm definitely ready for the winter beers as well!

On 8/12/2019 at 11:06 PM, snowlurker said:

Please - I just wanna hang on to summer a little longer before pumpkin spice season 😭

Agreed! I love fall, but don’t want to rush to the end of summer either. Seeing pumpkin beer, Oktoberfest and other fall beers out already is depressing. And it’s ridiculous to have to think about buying this stuff before you’re in the mood for it, but if you wait until you’re in the mood it will all be gone! It’s like seeing Christmas stuff in the stores at Halloween. Buying beer has become like buying clothes, always one season ahead.

• Like 3

On 8/20/2019 at 5:01 PM, greg ralls said:

I agree. Southern Tier's Pumking & Warlock Imperial Pumpkin Stout are the only two I like. I'm definitely ready for the winter beers as well!

I like the ones that actually have a discernible pumpkin pie taste. Some just have a slight taste of *spice* but not really any *pumpkin*. Not sure whether I’ve tried the Southern Tier. I know I haven’t tried the Warlock - I like stout, but prefer pumpkin ales/lagers. Shipyard’s pumpkin is pretty good (I think it’s called Pumpkinhead but I can’t remember for sure).

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 5:01 PM, greg ralls said:

See, I kind of have the opposite taste.  Pumking and Warlock are wayyyyy too heavy for me.  I actually enjoy the "pumpkin ales", that are a little lighter.

• Like 2

Ahh yes! A change in the air and everyone's thoughts go to Fall beers!! Love it!!

• Like 1

Just picked up Sam Adams Octoberfest on friday. One of my favorite season beers, always reminds me of end of Summer more than Fall.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, frankdp23 said:

I'm not a big fan of any pumpkin beers. Something always seems a bit off with them for me.

100% agree. Not a fan of any. 

• Like 1