*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow5.8

Isaias Observations

8 minutes ago, Rojojojo said:

In-laws in Upper Darby are reporting the same thing.  They've been bailing water all day (I'm about to head over).  They live on the fall line and their yard is sloped, so this was not expected.

There are a lot of gauges at 6-8"+ on the wunderground map in Delco and the adjacent areas of Montco. I don't know how accurate they all are but this is the only time I've had standing water in my basement in Ardmore in the last 6 years. 

Sun trying to poke through... Thinking we are near center 

3 Mile Run (River) Creek after 6.80" and the picture of the retention basin which has never held more than a few inches water in the past 11 yrs.  The creek is higher than I have ever seen it, and there are two bridges in my development and I couldn't get out of either right now.

20200804_123428.jpg

20200804_123443.jpg

20200804_123447.jpg

20200804_123450.jpg

20200804_123845.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Rockchops said:

KDIX out? Latest images are 25 mins old

NOUS61 KPHI 041606
FTMDIX
Message Date:  Aug 04 2020 16:23:19
KDIX is down due to a communications issue. Technicians are working to restore i
t as quickly as possible. No estimated time to return to service.

And, for the daily double:

NOUS61 KAKQ 041403
FTMDOX
Message Date:  Aug 04 2020 16:43:05
KDOX REMAINS OFFLINE DUE TO A COMMS ISSUE. RETURN TO SERVICE TIME IS NOT YET KNO
WN.

At least TPHL is up.

Crazy that PSE&G is already saying Thursday for a lot of those New Jersey outages.

Last hurrah moving through Towamencin. Nice gusts and we're back to a heavy downpour. The sun was poking through moments ago before the rain switched back on. 

For the first time in weeks, I have my windows open. Muggy, yes, but not as bad as these previous weeks. 

7.06"   I hope it stops soon...

30 minutes ago, Robnj88 said:

sun out and dead calm here for the moment

IMG_3977.PNG

wow that’s pretty cool, probably closest we can get to an “eye” in this as it was always mostly filled in and now losing tropical characteristics

From an hour ago. I'm the good kind of mom who sends her kids out to play in a tropical storm.  😃 We had a newly created creek outback. 

0804201153b.jpg

0804201154a_HDR.jpg

• Like 5

Probably gusted 40-50 here. About what I expected 

Some hefty gusts moving through. It smells like the beach. Air is cold (to me). Very refreshing. Video is not the best of the gusts, but it's still a good one. Refreshing! 

• Like 2

5.85”

Gusts loosening siding and shingles on some homes around here. 

• Like 1

You can see the extent of the storm surge in OCNJ. Almost to the dunes. I had been at that very spot only three hours prior and there was no sign of a surge at that time. 

A6F6BD4A-BFD0-4A21-939C-56C6916BE75C.jpeg