*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
irishbri74

6/27 slight risk Obs

0.08" before and still at  0.08". 

Can't win... 

Screenshot_20200627-155533_RadarScope.jpg

Models were def a bit to far north and to robust with coverage. Allentown part was right, nyc not so much 

1 minute ago, tombo82685 said:

Models were def a bit to far north and to robust with coverage. Allentown part was right, nyc not so much 

That stuff coming out of Western PA is looking like its going to drop futher South, maybe into the city. 

4 minutes ago, cbelke said:

0.08" before and still at  0.08". 

Can't win... 

look on the bright side, the pole beans are getting ravished like the TP isle back in March

• Like 1

Just now, cbelke said:

That stuff coming out of Western PA is looking like its going to drop futher South, maybe into the city. 

Yea, have to see what becomes of the cells between pottsville and williamsport. Best shot for areas southwest. Also have to watch stuff out by pitt as that may swing in later on for areas west of town

• Like 1

Just now, tombo82685 said:

look on the bright side, the pole beans are getting ravished like the TP isle back in March

Aerogarden

.06 this morning and a turd so far this afternoon. My yard is moaning like gigi over his ravished pole beans 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, frankdp23 said:

.18 so far.  Missed the bulk of this once again.   Slid just south of me

Bumped up to .27.  Ill take it

Biggest downpour of the day. 

Screenshot_20200627-164344_RadarScope.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

Sounds like my yard 

Right on schedule I195 corridor getting pounded. Meanwhile I am sniffing browning pine needles.

Pics shown looking NE from my location in Newtown at the McCaffreys shopping center. Radar image at same time shown for location context. This was around 4:20pm. As you can see, my location was only affected by that little flange on the end, but still had very, very heavy rain.

205551F0-1562-45DB-BBAE-64E0BE5C4777.jpeg

598D353D-CAED-412A-93E5-3CCEBFB157C1.jpeg

5E019E9A-6A5F-4C5D-9D89-28F28E9FF012.jpeg

• Like 5

Woo hoo!!! 

Up to 0.49", got a nice downpour out of the cell. 

• Like 1

Experiencing very heavy rain from this cell now at 6:15. Another one in its wake to the NW following the same track. No BBQ tonight I guess. Bought steaks so I could cook them inside if necessary 😏

DAE93635-EA2D-4F9C-9ACA-BF845AC7AEC0.png

2 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

They are leaning toward the north and looking forward to a whopping trace overnight as all convection collapses. It is just amazing how those cells just keep on running over nearly the same spots while hello we are way more unstable here.  On Thursday the convection was southeast of us, drove thru a downpour to come back to dust. Today I am sniffing anvil as the tumbleweed rolls by.

They call this the “Tombo tease”...

3EC3E21E-C77E-493E-8413-5CAA9530EFDF.jpeg

B84FB38A-1E1A-4DF9-B6D7-6CB23F7CCCFA.jpeg

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Parsley said:

They call this the “Tombo tease”...

3EC3E21E-C77E-493E-8413-5CAA9530EFDF.jpeg

B84FB38A-1E1A-4DF9-B6D7-6CB23F7CCCFA.jpeg

Lol I was outside watering a grass area I just Seeded. Saw the dark clouds just to the south of here and just gave the middle finger to it 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rainshadow5.8 said:

They are leaning toward the north and looking forward to a whopping trace overnight as all convection collapses. It is just amazing how those cells just keep on running over nearly the same spots while hello we are way more unstable here.  On Thursday the convection was southeast of us, drove thru a downpour to come back to dust. Today I am sniffing anvil as the tumbleweed rolls by.

Please tell me more 🐥

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Lol I was outside watering a grass area I just Seeded. Saw the dark clouds just to the south of here and just gave the middle finger to it 

Not even a drop with that. Glad I watered this morning. All set for tomorrow morning too. 

1 hour ago, cbelke said:

Woo hoo!!! 

Up to 0.49", got a nice downpour out of the cell. 

Looks like I might top out at 0.62".

Much needed, even though most of it ran off.