*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow5.8

Temps/Pcpn/Obs/Yawn Weather Discussion

Here is what I mean about the split that usually happens. Rain goes North or South if me. 

Screenshot_20200806-081144_RadarScope.jpg

16 minutes ago, cbelke said:

Here is what I mean about the split that usually happens. Rain goes North or South if me. 

I would think you'd be happy to get split, you got over 7" of rain tuesday 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

I am happy in that respect. Don't need any more right now. Ground soaked up what it could and I still have a some mini-ponds in my yard.

Pretty active morning down here so far. Nice bubbling storms on satellite moving across the Delaware Bay into south Jersey, plenty of shelf cloud images on social media. Also woke up with a rotating thunderstorm basically right on top of me, just south of Port Republic. The lightning hasn't disappointed either.

COD-GOES-East-local-New_Jersey.02.20200806.113118-over=map-bars=.gif

us_radarus-en-087-0_2020_08_06_3494_KDOX_358_105035.png

5 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

He should be good til the snows start missing. 

• Like 1

0.26" with morning thunderstorms in Mount Laurel. 

I see the 12z GFS gives PHL 48 consecutive hours of measurable rain starting this morning.  I must admit it was hard to add up that number through all the glare from the bright sunshine.

7-day rainfall from Mt Holly twitter. Nice match to the 10.08" 7-day gauge catch while we were away

mtHolly7dayrain.jpg

34 minutes ago, Rainshadow5.8 said:

Pretty sick that this morning's low of 66F in Mount Laurel was the coolest morning since July 16th.

Our "coolest" since July 16th is similar to Mt. Laurel with the 65.5 on Aug 5th being our lowest reading....this AM our low was 67.2. The good news is on the 18th of this month our average high slips into the 70's with average lows into the upper 50's by month's end. While no great chill is on the way...of interest here in Chester County we have hit the 30's in every month of the year with the exception of July. Only 2x  - both in the 1980's since 1894 have we recorded an August low temps in the 30's on 8/28/82 (38.0) and 8/30/86 (39.0)

If you look at so-called  normal temps we are about 2 degrees above them....especially if you look at the last 15- 20 years. the AVP -Scranton-Wiles Barre area is a hot spot in nprtheast  Pa where most temps to the north and mountainous areas are a good 5 degrees or more cooler than they are.

• Like 1

One of the best beach days of the year down on the SJ beaches (nice social distancing in groups) at Sea Isle City...steady SE breeze all day with wind off the cool 72 degree ocean...high here in SIC was only 79.8

2020-08-09 15.34.22.jpg

SicHi.20200809_175538943.jpg

74.5F with 74 DP. Wonderfully soupy feel out there this morning.

4 hours ago, cbelke said:

74.5F with 74 DP. Wonderfully soupy feel out there this morning.

We picked a good week to come down here I think. 85 in Nags Head with a nice sea breeze. Sunrise this AM:

20200810_061841.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mshaffer526 said:

We picked a good week to come down here I think. 85 in Nags Head with a nice sea breeze. Sunrise this AM:

20200810_061841.jpg

Someday I'll get back down there.

Plenty of 90+ temps at all stations with the exception of rounded up 90's at KMQS and KPTW at 89.6 and KMPO at 84.2 and of course my 2 stations in East Nantmeal at 88.2 and 87.8

image.png.aae09b1b4d7783533847672edce332a5.png

7 hours ago, mshaffer526 said:

20200810_061841.jpg

Beautiful pic! Enjoy!