*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow5.8

Temps/Pcpn/Obs/Yawn Weather Discussion

2 hours ago, Parsley said:

Amazing. Imagine if we didn’t get several big rounds of storms in July. Would have easily been at the top of the list. 

Yup we would have had a 100 degree day also.

My ambient weather station split today was a bit cooler than my Davis Vantage Pro at 85.8/68.7 vs. the Vantage Pro at 85.9/69.5

image.png.1457813427795f9ebc1db81278ddaebe.png

6 hours ago, Rainshadow5.8 said:

Yup we would have had a 100 degree day also.

Yup.

Looks like PHL eek out a nice "cheap" 90 to start the month. ;)

1 minute ago, Parsley said:

Yup.

Heat island always wins....

34 minutes ago, chescopawxman said:

Heat island always wins....

In your opinion, did you think July was hot?

Here in the Cape May area, yes! Warmest July in 133 years of record. 80.2F with 14 days at or above 90F. Back to 1960 15 is the highest number 90's. Interestingly including 2010 6 of the 10 warmest July's on record have occurred. Of course it was really the humidity which, in truth, has been a drag. Day after day after day with dew points in the 70's.. Relief, please!

Wayne R.

Cooperative Weather Observer

Cape May 2NW, NJ

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Parsley said:

Yup.

We hit 91F today. Surprised we were hotter than PHL. Doesn't happen often.

nothing cheap about our 91 degrees today, neither was lugging the bag around for 9 holes at 3:00

on the bright side the 67 degrees while walking the dogs early this morning was a welcome break

• Like 2

I could see this lightning show off to my north as my son woke up at 5:15.  Yikes. 

Bad precursor to the main event this week. These areas are going to be primed for major flooding. 

• Like 1

Yeah you must have quite a show off to your north right now. 

Near constant thunder just North of me. Might get clipped. 

Screenshot_20200802-071812_RadarScope.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mshaffer526 said:

Yeah you must have quite a show off to your north right now. 

Heard the thunder. Too lazy to get my butt out of bed and look. 

56 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Impressive towers...

41853B7B-CBAC-491C-8D04-D775E4C2844C.gif

Radarscope showed the heights around 52K ft. 

• Like 3

Yawn...   0.05" this morning.  But the thunder this morning from that tornado warned cell was impressive. 

14 hours ago, Parsley said:

In your opinion, did you think July was hot?

of course it was hot....it was one of the hottest ever correct? whether it was 87 or 92 depending on where you live...the high humidity almost all month made it even worse....assume you agree?

2 minutes ago, chescopawxman said:

of course it was hot....it was one of the hottest ever correct? whether it was 87 or 92 depending on where you live...the high humidity almost all month made it even worse....assume you agree?

Just wanted to see you say the word HOT.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bliz299 said:

Here in the Cape May area, yes! Warmest July in 133 years of record. 80.2F with 14 days at or above 90F. Back to 1960 15 is the highest number 90's. Interestingly including 2010 6 of the 10 warmest July's on record have occurred. Of course it was really the humidity which, in truth, has been a drag. Day after day after day with dew points in the 70's.. Relief, please!

Wayne R.

Cooperative Weather Observer

Cape May 2NW, NJ

I have no long term records down here at the Jersey Shore...but for Sea Isle City we had only 6 days over 90 with an average temp of 78.7 - warmest July since I have kept records but that is only since October 2016 - Wayne we still had most days with sea breezes hence the high temp was often late AM....did you note many sea breezes? How close to the water are you...I am just 2 blocks inland...I know just 2 miles inland they had many more 90's like back toward Seaville

2 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Just wanted to see you say the word HOT.

LOL! just the facts and the facts say it was hot....just not heat island hot....LOL!!

1 minute ago, chescopawxman said:

LOL! just the facts and the facts say it was hot....just not heat island hot....LOL!!

• Like 1

Suspect today could be our last chance this year of a 90+ day here in Western Chesco. Even if we fail to touch 90 again....the 5 such days already recorded this year are the most since the seven (7) 90+ days we recorded in 2012. For more good news for those sick of this heat....our last average day with a high in the 80's is August 17th - with our average high of only 77.7 by the end of this month!  On a wet note the WXSIM prints out 4.49" of rain from the tropical storm this week....we shall see!  We could use some rain as while we are still above normal we have not seen any rain in the last 8 days.