*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow5.8

Temps/Pcpn/Obs/Yawn Weather Discussion

Most of the normal hot spots over 90 again today with the exception of the non-heat island spots including KMPO/ Andover / Belmar / KMQS /KPTW and of course the 2 stations in East Nantmeal all failing to reach the 90 degree mark today

image.png.40565e70b70be4970ec9143d22615e6b.png

What an evening! Feels greaaaaat!

• Like 1

Up to 24 90+ degree days in July thanks to today's 96.4F in the yard.  

That makes 13 out of 14 days with highs > 90F.

Last dewpoint less than 60F?  Shortly after midnight on 6/25.  Yuk.

Downpour here in Norristown, I opened the back door to my covered porch ever-so-slightly and I was covered in water.

• Like 1

Nice little cell is skirting me to the East here in Towamencin. The outflow is FANTASTIC. Nice and chilly. 

Looks like a few happy posters just to my northeast. 

A4755938-2574-4AB4-B5CF-6C42870AD413.png

Way to generous on the heavy rain coverage by modeling for last night. As expected though poorly handled with convection 

Not much for winds here, got a severe warning last night around 11:30 PM. Got 1.95" of "run off" rain. No way that soaked in as hard as it was raining.

Glancing out at the gauge, maybe a tenth last night. 

59 minutes ago, cbelke said:

Not much for winds here, got a severe warning last night around 11:30 PM. Got 1.95" of "run off" rain. No way that soaked in as hard as it was raining.

I knew you got crushed based on radar. Barely a tenth here. So be happy. 😆 

25 minutes ago, Parsley said:

I knew you got crushed based on radar. Barely a tenth here. So be happy. 😆 

Yeah, quite surprised we got it. Thought it was going to be South of me. 

Screenshot_20200730-234543_RadarScope.jpg

Screenshot_20200731-000744_RadarScope.jpg

locally 95 degrees yesterday for the hottest temp of the year

0.14" overnight

was golfing down in Egg Harbor Twp. yesterday at Harbor Pines & it was a world of difference, 91 degrees with a DP of 78 when we started, things moderated a hair during the afternoon but man a heat index of 105 at 11:30 in the morning is pretty brutal

July in Western Chester County PA ends as the 14th warmest July and our warmest since the same 77.0 average temperature in July 2011. Also with 5 days that at least on a rounded basis exceeded 90 degrees this month marks the most 90+ days in the county since the 7 such days also back in July 2011. Of interest 9 of the top 10 hottest July's in the Western Chesco data set occurred prior to 1955 with only the hottest July on record 1990 cracking the top 10 all-time hot July's in the last 65 years. 

Below are the top 10 July's on record for Chester County PA

1999 - 80.0 / 1901 - 79.2 / 1955 - 78.9 / 1921 - 78.8 / 1944 - 78.7 / 1900 - 78.3 / 1943 - 77.8 / 1898 - 77.3 / 1931 - 77.3 / 1935 - 77.3

image.png.f4c06629ab83667002754e93c6381202.png

2 hours ago, Rainshadow5.8 said:

Now 6 of the 11 ugliest Julys have occurred since 2010.

phl.JPG.9d6477274b69cc65b832a4e409db9f53.JPG

Amazing. Imagine if we didn’t get several big rounds of storms in July. Would have easily been at the top of the list. 

Barrow's first sunset after 84 days of continuous sun is tonight. A tale tell sign we are finally starting to leave this crappy time of the year

images.jpg

• Like 4