Jump to content

*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!


Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow5.8

6/4 Slight Risk Thunderstorm Obs / 6/5 Heavy Rain Obs

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, mshaffer526 said:

Great storm. A ton of lightning and heavy rain. This is probably anecdotal but it always seems like the thunder/lightning is better at night. Yesterday's severe event was less enjoyable than this. 

Similar here. Nice light show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dumping rain. Glad I mowed earlier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a perfect summer thunderstorm.  Great lead-up, watching the radar come together, very still before the rain, then it comes down in buckets with copious thunder.  Yet nowhere near as scary as yesterday's twin lines.  Could we get a trifecta tomorrow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Racing toward a quick inch of rain. Hopefully things keep chugging East. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1”+ in the past hour. Great light show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.10” in the past hour. Tapering off now, luckily. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice little summertime storm. Slight gusts, cool breeze, great light show, refreshing heavy rain with some curvy drops. 10/10 would purchase again. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy light show here in South Jersey.  Better quality lightning than last night, gusty winds at storm onset matched well with the velocity data from TPHL.  Less wind than last night—my sheltered VV showed a max of 32 mph after 42 mph last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

outside a few isolated svr cells, this looks like a heavy rain threat and your typical garden variety storms for later on. PWATS are surging out ahead of this 

Verified well. Really didn’t think we needed a slight risk yesterday. Marginal would of been fine. The lone Svr cell last night Atleast as of now really didn’t produce that well as there have only been less than 25 reports of damage. There was wind aloft but lack of dry air aloft and a more moist upper level compared to Wednesday madenit harder for those big winds to transfer down.  May change as morning goes on if reports trickle in. Last night was all about heavy rain as a good chunk of the area outside the immediate metro area had over 1” of rain. Lots of typical garden variety storms with lightning and thunder that everyone gets all hot and steamy over, yawn 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Verified well. Really didn’t think we needed a slight risk yesterday. Marginal would of been fine. The lone Svr cell last night Atleast as of now really didn’t produce that well as there have only been less than 25 reports of damage. There was wind aloft but lack of dry air aloft and a more moist upper level compared to Wednesday madenit harder for those big winds to transfer down.  May change as morning goes on if reports trickle in. Last night was all about heavy rain as a good chunk of the area outside the immediate metro area had over 1” of rain. Lots of typical garden variety storms with lightning and thunder that everyone gets all hot and steamy over, yawn 

Definitely correct on the severe aspect. But any storm(s) that can drop an 1”+ in under an hour is a bit more than a yawny “garden variety” type in my eyes. Unless a variety of garden type storm included JUICY. 

1.21” in the gauge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of "garden" variety, glad my veggie plants are in pots this year (just did a few for the kids interest) as they hunkered down in the garage avoiding the deluge and wind the past few days. The potted annuals were loaded with water this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Definitely correct on the severe aspect. But any storm(s) that can drop an 1”+ in under an hour is a bit more than a yawny “garden variety” type in my eyes. Unless a variety of garden type storm included JUICY. 

1.21” in the gauge

I said it last night and during the day yesterday the rain threat was legit with PWATS. Look back at the posts. I'm talking garden variety storms with the general thunder/lightning and gusts to 45 which most of the area had. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

I said it last night and during the day yesterday the rain threat was legit with PWATS. Look back at the posts. I'm talking garden variety storms with the general thunder/lightning and gusts to 45 which most of the area had. 

Dude, I said you were right about the severe aspect. What I'm saying is that 2+" PWATS aren't your "typical" storms around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another rd of high PWATS this aftn through night meaning heavy rain risk 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...