*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Rainshadow5.8

6/3 Enhanced Severe Observational Thread

10 minutes ago, cbelke said:

You always seem to lose power during storms. Just making that observation.

The language policeman in me would say that Andy only has power in between storms.

• Like 2

Tombo what was your highest gust measured? Looks like PTW crapped out as it moved through? No report from the airport?

30 minutes ago, cbelke said:

You always seem to lose power during storms. Just making that observation.

Thanks for noticing 🙂 . Living in the woods.

• Like 1

Yup, definitely times like now are when I am glad all the lines in our development are underground.

• Like 1

Just got to the docks at the highlands. Other then the rain didn’t see much. Looks like it was more impactful just to are south. Good day on the river with 5 keeper fluke 

• Like 2

0.43” from the storms. Sun blazing again. 

36 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

Yup, definitely times like now are when I am glad all the lines in our development are underground.

Ours are not only above ground but behind the houses where all the trees are. Back in the 30s I guess they didnt think about that much. Peco reporting 326k without power now. In our area crews havent even been dispatched to assess so I think it will be a while.

• Like 1

Lost power per the norm with almost every storm here in NW Chesco...top wind gust only 21mph - rain 0.30" - however just a few miles to my east my Brother In Law had his entire awning collapse in Chester Springs Image may contain: tree and outdoor

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, chescopawxman said:

Lost power per the norm with almost every storm here in NW Chesco...top wind gust only 21mph - rain 0.30" - however just a few miles to my east my Brother In Law had his entire awning collapse in Chester Springs Image may contain: tree and outdoor

Wow Paul--I hope everyone is alright over there.  Stay safe everyone.  Looks like the watch is discontinued for everyone but far eastern zones?

12 minutes ago, chescopawxman said:

Yikes. 

Sun is out....but power still out - thankful for the generator....it has been getting a major workout this year....we pretty much lose power almost every month of the year....

Seeing and hearing about a lot of damage. Will this meet the Derecho qualifications?

7 minutes ago, cbelke said:

Seeing and hearing about a lot of damage. Will this meet the Derecho qualifications?

I'm sure it will be debated and looked into, but I don't see why it couldn't qualify. Even if you look at the radar now it is still raging offshore, not that that matters much, but it has held its structure for roughly 400 miles at this point. The radar loops are pretty cool.

• Like 1

Looks like MontCo took the brunt in the area.    https://poweroutage.us/area/county/752

Looking at all of PA, the Bucks Montgomery, Chester, Delaware, and Philly got the worst of it. https://poweroutage.us/area/state/pennsylvania

Can't forget about Jersey! https://poweroutage.us/area/state/new jersey

Round 2 starting to fire up, basically in the same areas or a tad north of spots that got hit this morning. Already back into the 80s south and east of there.

COD-GOES-East-local-Pennsylvania.radar.20200603.192500.gif-over=map-plot-bars=.gif

Crushed here near Valley Forge Park.  Counted 3 trees on houses, numerous other trees down, we live in the woods so losing power is common.  I didnt register the wind gusts but it was as @Heisenberg described, white out with an intense swishing noise indicative of severe winds.  Hope to post some photos

What a storm. This line moved so fast today.  Of course my Advantage Pro hasn't loaded up the data to Davis website.  But winds must have been at least up to 50mph. New update: recorded 48mph wind gust today.  

Do have small and medium size branch damage.  Got some pruning to do later.  notice the back branch is bending down.  Even saw some of the other branches have that sheared look to it.  But those strong damaging winds must have been for about 5 to 8 minutes.  Now, we have new watch up till 10pm tonight, but the activity should be more scattered in nature.  Well, more radar watching for this evening.  

EZnJODDXsAMPll1?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 2

Large branches and full trees down, some uprooted, throughout Towamencin as well as Hatfield and Lansdale. Power outtages through parts of Towamencin, Hatfield, Lansdale, and possibly Upper Gwynedd. My area of Towamencin didn't lose power, but it's extremely rare for us to lose it in my neighborhood.