*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow5.8

Memorial Day Weekend Weather, Well It Could Be Worse.

Going to try to do this for every weekend thru Labor day.  Granted weekends are not like they normally are.  Anyway.

In the spectrum of Memorial Day Weekends, there have been better, there have been worse.  At least as far as precipitation goes, the highest chances are currently Friday with the old remnant upper closed low moving thru.  Both the GFS & EC suggest there is still a chance on Saturday.  Then it depends on location, location, location.  The models are building what I like to call a backdoor high with onshore flow.  Depending upon that angle, we could get socked in with stratocu, especially farther to the south and east.  The shore looks to be chilly.  Well it is Memorial Day.  Away from the shore (not the Poconos) I could see 70s all three days, maybe touching 80F if more sun prevails.

ecmwf_z500_mslp_us_6.png.f7d58a15ec9549ccab85f187a12507f2.png

• Like 1

still looking good for some rain fri/sat, we take

At least it's not stinking hot yet...   Up to NH next week, forecasted temperatures are similar to here, which makes it a little warmer than normal there.

Looking like a sexy .5 of rain fri pm into Saturday. Finally can put my pre emerge down. Going to be awesome bonfire weather 

• Like 2

Looks kind of the same.  Friday residual synoptic scale rain/showers.  Saturday upper low convective induced showers/thunderstorms.  Then angle of the high as far as sunshine goes for Sunday & Monday.  West is better than east, especially southeast.  There is more stubborn to burn off stratocu predicted for Monday vs Sunday for now.  I'd say the predicted 925s are lower, so Sunday/Monday away from the shore looks 70s at best.  Saturday could be the warmest day if there is more sunshine.

6.JPG.c5607a4dbf918f105833289572a63dd8.JPG

euro with the soaker fri-sat, I'll sell on that, but liking .5 plus of rainfall

Euro seemed to come back in-line with the others.    .5" give or take a few 1/10th's.

Sunday appears to be the wildcard and could be trending uglier based on wind trajectory and cloud cover.  Could be rather chilly in a worst case scenario. That may benefit in keeping some people off the beaches/boardwalks this weekend in a time where less crowds the better. 

Personally, I'll be sitting at home so I could care less what the weather does this weekend. Definitely need some rain.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, cbelke said:

Euro seemed to come back in-line with the others.    .5" give or take a few 1/10th's.

This will have convective elements. Some people won't get much, some could get close to an inch

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Parsley said:

Sunday appears to be the wildcard and could be trending uglier based on wind trajectory and cloud cover.  Could be rather chilly in a worst case scenario. That may benefit in keeping some people off the beaches/boardwalks this weekend in a time where less crowds the better. 

Personally, I'll be sitting at home so I could care less what the weather does this weekend. Definitely need some rain.

I scheduled my first tee time of the year at 3 PM on Sunday, I'm kind of glad I am going so late in the day. 

3 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

This will have convective elements. Some people won't get much, some could get close to an inch

Pouring

1 hour ago, mshaffer526 said:

I scheduled my first tee time of the year at 3 PM on Sunday, I'm kind of glad I am going so late in the day. 

Yeah, plus you’ll be in better shape temperature wise vs the immediate coast. 

Nice steady rain happening. Hopefully this keeps up for a few hours so it soaks in and doesn't run off.  

0.12" in the bucket so far

6 minutes ago, cbelke said:

Nice steady rain happening. Hopefully this keeps up for a few hours so it soaks in and doesn't run off.  

0.12" in the bucket so far

0.87" with just some leftover drizzle - will take

24 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

0.87" with just some leftover drizzle - will take

Yeah, you said it was pouring. Guess it was where you are.

Just been a nice steady rain. Up to 0.33"

36 minutes ago, cbelke said:

Yeah, you said it was pouring. Guess it was where you are.

Just been a nice steady rain. Up to 0.33"

Most came in 10-15 mins of thunderstorm-like rains

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

Most came in 10-15 mins of thunderstorm-like rains

No t-storms here. Just a steady rain, which looks like its about done. Got 0.43" out it.

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

.47 here. 

Same. 

8 hours ago, Parsley said:

Yeah, can see it in the guidance.  Overcast and not getting out of the 60s.

33.JPG.4a37696809fbea10be3a69d5e29d53a5.JPG

Up to 0.70" this morning. 

image.png.5a875b3a2ce679c59cfd3c26e479cf20.png

1.15" total, 0.28 this am

a few rumbles of thunder, clearing

IMG_4133.jpg

15 hours ago, Rainshadow5.8 said:

Yeah, can see it in the guidance.  Overcast and not getting out of the 60s.

33.JPG.4a37696809fbea10be3a69d5e29d53a5.JPG

Yeah, looks like places that don’t escape the clouds tomorrow could be stuck in the 50s, any sunshine would atleast buy 60s. 

Winds try to swing around to the south on Monday for improvement. We shall see. 

1B27F5A7-00B0-4081-8C6E-8E84283C9E14.jpeg

1FD319E6-D706-4C77-8A97-999092886A65.jpeg

813D525F-4F8B-446E-B9CB-4DD5202CCE98.jpeg