Jump to content

*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!


Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow5.8

Meteorological Summer Pattern Discussion

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, susqushawn said:

Best spring in recent memory.  Fall here before we know it.  

Agree 100%. This honestly has been one of the best springs ever. Heck in a few weeks days start getting shorter and we can start looking towards fall. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

@tombo82685 front stalling farther west? Rain amounts going down. 

Well two things. High offshore built in further west which pushed the tropical low further west up through western PA. Stronger front and faster meaning won’t get hung up and rain out over us. Still will be some some tropical downpours with the airmass overhead. But my thoughts on possible heavy rain potential look to fail. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We still have very high pwats pushing into the area later tomorrow into Friday night so any storm will have potential to dump isolated heavy rainfall . But widespread heavier rainfall doesn’t look to happen with what I stated above. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

Well two things. High offshore built in further west which pushed the tropical low further west up through western PA. Stronger front and faster meaning won’t get hung up and rain out over us. Still will be some some tropical downpours with the airmass overhead. But my thoughts on possible heavy rain potential look to fail. 

When was the last time we had two named tropical storms before the start of hurricane season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rainshadow5.8 said:

When was the last time we had two named tropical storms before the start of hurricane season?

I have no clue honestly. Tropical systems are convection and I hate convection so I don’t follow them that much unless it’s something that threatens here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

We still have very high pwats pushing into the area later tomorrow into Friday night so any storm will have potential to dump isolated heavy rainfall . But widespread heavier rainfall doesn’t look to happen with what I stated above. 

That closed low over TX unwound faster than previously modeled, coupled with that little tropical disturbance, moisture rich southerly flow, and a strong cold front, I think your instinct was spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, susqushawn said:

That closed low over TX unwound faster than previously modeled, coupled with that little tropical disturbance, moisture rich southerly flow, and a strong cold front, I think your instinct was spot on.

Yea, the ingredients were there. The high to our east built in a bit stronger and nosed everything a bit further west than it looked earlier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For an outdoor summertime cat, my detest for this weather is palpable.

Of course, please feel free to ask me again in July when it's 95/79 outside at 11am.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tiburon said:

For an outdoor summertime cat, my detest for this weather is palpable.

Of course, please feel free to ask me again in July when it's 95/79 outside at 11am.

You will always have the GFS to keep you warm during the summer:

96.JPG.571cce957adcf06c99dc190026f6d3ed.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Euro dropping the 90s bomb next week. EPS look pretty toasty as well but backdoor front shenanigans are def on it as well. Gotta see which wins out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Euro dropping the 90s bomb next week. EPS look pretty toasty as well but backdoor front shenanigans are def on it as well. Gotta see which wins out.  

GFS says never mind those weekend 90s, hold that beer til:

4.JPG.602555b08573ce1f2ac366130944015f.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Euro dropping the 90s bomb next week. EPS look pretty toasty as well but backdoor front shenanigans are def on it as well. Gotta see which wins out.  

It likely depends on if and where a Cristobal forms/goes.  Stronger and farther north would enhance the ridging over eastern conus and give the back door more issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...