*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

snowlurker

COVID-19 check-in

Went to the new Chester county antibody testing site on Friday. Pretty easy and smooth operation. All drive thru, and it’s just a pin prick test. That was at 9am, and by 9pm, I had my results back. 

hopefully they can ramp up these testing sites in the next few weeks. 

• Like 2

I wish NJ had more tests as well as less positives like the entire U.S. did this past week, but at least the test positivity rate did drop.

1111.JPG.da77efd383ac925ca8f26f8bb8b09e76.JPG

6 hours ago, irishbri74 said:

Went to the new Chester county antibody testing site on Friday. Pretty easy and smooth operation. All drive thru, and it’s just a pin prick test. That was at 9am, and by 9pm, I had my results back. 

hopefully they can ramp up these testing sites in the next few weeks. 

I tested negative. Read the new Roche test is suppose to be better at eliminating false positives and false negatives.  I did it before Roche got FDA approval.

• Like 2

From

The New Jersey Air National Guard will be conducting a flyover to honor #COVID19 front line workers.

The 177th Fighter Wing and 108th Wing are partnering in the nationwide Air Force Salutes Flyover event, May 12 (weather date - May 13), to honor the men and women working on the front lines during the 2019-20 coronavirus pandemic.

The flyover will feature three F-16 Fighting Falcons from the 177th Fighter Wing and a KC-135R Stratotanker from the 108th Wing. The flight begins at 11:20 a.m. and will cover key COVID-19 locations across New Jersey, to include testing sites, state veterans homes, hospitals and mortuary affairs.

Barring delays due to weather, air traffic or maintenance, residents can see the flyover at the following times and locations:

• Sea Girt – 11:30 a.m.
• PNC Arts Center – 11:35 a.m.
• Millstone – 11:40 a.m.
• NJ Convention Center – 11:45 a.m.
• Menlo Park – 11:46 – a.m.
• Kean University – 11:48 a.m.
• University Hospital – 11:48 a.m.
• Expo Center – 11:49 a.m.
• Bern County College/Paramus – 11:51 a.m.
• Vets Haven North – 12:01 p.m.
• New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans Affairs – 12:07 p.m.
• Jefferson Cherry Hill Hospital – 12:13 p.m.
• U.S. Coast Guard Training Center – 12:27
• Atlantic City Convention Center – 12:32 p.m.

Listed times may vary slightly.

"Never underestimate the value of a morale boost when in combat. I want to thank the NJ Air Guard for its patriotic gesture and flyover in support of our first responder cohorts as we continue to battle COVID-19," said Brig. Gen. Jemal Beale, Commander of the New Jersey National Guard and Commissioner of the New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans Affairs. “Jersey Strong!"

96562723_3232476503429872_8602779018116202496_o.jpg

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

I don't think we are going to any indoor restaurants any time soon.  Churches, Synagogues, Mosques have a dilemma. I think Germany in a meat processing plant and South Korea in bars have new cases from both places. I wish I could recall the source. That is something for us to follow as they have opened up.  Hopefully the virus is not as contagious in warmer weather.  This is the week to look at new cases in Georgia. 

3 minutes ago, Rainshadow5.8 said:

I don't think we are going to any indoor restaurants any time soon.  Churches, Synagogues, Mosques have a dilemma. I think Germany in a meat processing plant and South Korea in bars have new cases from both places. I wish I could recall the source. That is something for us to follow as they have opened up.  Hopefully the virus is not as contagious in warmer weather.  This is the week to look at new cases in Georgia. 

Good news - golfing is very low risk if you don't hang around the 19'th hole

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

How are we going to do the summer outlook?  They are cutting our initialization in half.  :(

• Like 1

More good news - New Jersey only has half as many hospitalizations as they did during the peak about 4 weeks ago

image.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chubbs said:

The only problem is the bathrooms at the course are closed. You know what that means;).

6 hours ago, Harbourton said:

The only problem is the bathrooms at the course are closed. You know what that means;).

Yeah every course I make a tee time for now with my wife I have to ask if there is a MR. Bob or not.

My sister and brother in law both got diagnosed this week. Just found out. She has all the typical symptoms and feels like she trained for a triathlon. He just had a headache lol. 

• Sad 5

3 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

My sister and brother in law both got diagnosed this week. Just found out. She has all the typical symptoms and feels like she trained for a triathlon. He just had a headache lol. 

I'm so sorry to hear this, Tom. Best wishes for recovery for your sister and her husband. 

10 minutes ago, snowlurker said:

I'm so sorry to hear this, Tom. Best wishes for recovery for your sister and your husband. 

it's cool, no worries, they will be fine. But thanks   Just funny how they live together and one feels like a trainwreck the other just got a headache 

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

Hey Tom, sorry to hear this. Thoughts and meditations for your sister and brother-in-law

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Hi Tom,

Sorry to hear about your sister and brother-in-law.  Wishing both of them fully recovery.  

For everyone on the board here, hoping your all doing well and staying clear of this virus.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Oh boy, not good and I hope their symptoms remain mild and they recover quickly.

13 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Dude, I am so sorry. I hope they recover quickly.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 6:02 PM, tombo82685 said:

Hey Tom, just saw this now, hadn’t been on here for a few days. Thoughts and prayers for your family, hope everything is OK and they get well soon. Please keep us posted.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 6:02 PM, tombo82685 said:

pass along our prayers for a quick recovery

• Like 1

Great news as of today we now see 44 of our 50 states are trending down!!! Even states that opened up are trending down.

2020-05-15 11.02.06.jpg

• Like 1

Wolf still doing wolf things....

A01337F4-A8DA-4843-8A71-5E41D4BFD215.jpeg.a298bfffafa92b4a2760b691520f5059.jpeg

By the way, gone are the days of going to work “it’s just a cold”. One of those weird thing that are pretty crazy to think about. 

• Like 3

On 5/9/2020 at 6:49 AM, Chubbs said:

78615 deaths yesterday - 2nd week in a row under the prediction

Next weeks prediction = 91,874

Last week there were 190,755 new cases down almost 22,000 from week before and the lowest 7-day total since April 6.

88507 deaths yesterday - going to drop the forecasts since they are clearly overestimating

Last week there were 162500 new cases another sizeable drop vs last week

British medical journal essay from a professor of tropical medicine with a "mild case"

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2020/05/05/paul-garner-people-who-have-a-more-protracted-illness-need-help-to-understand-and-cope-with-the-constantly-shifting-bizarre-symptoms/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chubbs said:

88507 deaths yesterday - going to drop the forecasts since they are clearly overestimating

Last week there were 162500 new cases another sizeable drop vs last week

British medical journal essay from a professor of tropical medicine with a "mild case"

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2020/05/05/paul-garner-people-who-have-a-more-protracted-illness-need-help-to-understand-and-cope-with-the-constantly-shifting-bizarre-symptoms/

Testing is increasing, so there were likely more unconfirmed cases with bad outcomes in the past.

BTW a high school/college friend of mine whose friend was hospitalized with it and since released, he still had some symptoms thru 45 days.  It is amazing the differences in how it impacts/does not impact people.