Jump to content

*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!


snowlurker

COVID-19 check-in

Recommended Posts

Since fewer of us are following weather and probably following the pandemic, I thought I'd start a thread for members to check in with one another. 

Let's please keep politics out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This week started really rough for me and I had to take a couple of days off for mental health reasons and for prepping the house/family to stay isolated/tend to anyone that might get sick. 

Getting a computer desk set up seemed to provide some normalcy by the end of the week. I even looked forward to the weekly video conference with my manager and coworkers hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing has changed for me, work every day here. Biggest impact for me has been just the closure of other things like the gym number 1. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Nothing has changed for me, work every day here. Biggest impact for me has been just the closure of other things like the gym number 1. 

I gotta ask: are you enjoying working on the course without any golfers to ruin it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I work from home so nothing changed for me. Other than my school teacher wife is home right now, and she is trying to setup remote learning for her students. Not an easy thing to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, snowlurker said:

I gotta ask: are you enjoying working on the course without any golfers to ruin it?

Yes, it’s been very peaceful. Normally I would be working weekends right now. Due to no golfers it’s a normal m-f schedule, kind of loving that aspect 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Business as usual, told to work from home.   Only go in the office for essentials.   We are essential for military support so we're told.

Leaving NH tomorrow morning. 2-4 sloppy inches tomorrow through Monday.   Will be stopping for gas only, pumping with gloves, and paying at the pump.

And the very occasional TP search continues...

And I forgot to mention, I'm missing baseball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In 2008 Obama bailed out GM. Now Trump has to use the War Powers Act to get them to build ventilators. Ford jumped in immediately. I will never buy a GM product again.!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are higher risk enough that Wegmans granted us leave thru April 30th. So I am spending way too much time refreshing the worldometer hoping to see the curve flattening.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW from Cuomo’s press conference the number of ICU admissions in NYC was cut in half from yesterday. They are going to make a new daily number of cases number today. I am hoping the former is related to the malaria drug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of no politics (Brian might have read some of this), I was actually bashed (repeatedly on this person’s personal feed) by a “friend” of mine (who is politically on the same side of the aisle as me no less) because I wanted to leave politics out of the discussion.  So yes I have always appreciated the no politics policy of this forum. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rainshadow5.8 said:

BTW from Cuomo’s press conference the number of ICU admissions in NYC was cut in half from yesterday. They are going to make a new daily number of cases number today. I am hoping the former is related to the malaria drug.

Cuomo said yesterday that they had a stockpile of supplies that weren't distributed. All the while crying for more supplies. He is grandstanding. I will shut up from now on out to preserve the no politics doctrine, but it is tough.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Harbourton said:

In 2008 Obama bailed out GM. Now Trump has to use the War Powers Act to get them to build ventilators. Ford jumped in immediately. I will never buy a GM product again.!!!!!

GM is building them, too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Harbourton said:

Cuomo said yesterday that they had a stockpile of supplies that weren't distributed. All the while crying for more supplies. He is grandstanding.

Just about 50% of NYC hospital cases are COVID positive. They are running models (we know how that goes) of how much they need. Their peak need is suppose to be 14-21 days away. I can’t blame any governor to get as much as he/she can. Might have to roll that equipment  to other places as NYC is the canary in the coal mine, probably peak first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also mostly already worked from home.  It hasn't been much change for me but getting execs who never wanted to work from home set up has been a challenge. Some people just can't adapt.

The hardest part has been the nice weekdays and crappy weekends so far, twice as hard not to go play when there are no eyes on you!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am worried about the mental health aspect of this pandemic. If people are shut up for another 4-6 weeks there is no histrionics to determine what will happen. The cure may be the internet. So with that in mind after washing your hands be sure to get some humor in your life.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rainshadow5.8 said:

Speaking of models, I have no idea if this is the Euro, NAM or GFS:

 

de.JPG

nj.JPG

pa.JPG

Good job making the connection to weather models. I don't know if I should barricade myself and start raising livestock or go halvsies on a hotel room with Heisy up north.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, snowlurker said:

Good job making the connection to weather models. I don't know if I should barricade myself and start raising livestock or go halvsies on a hotel room with Heisy up north.

I think it depends on how great the 18z NAM is.  He might not be able to keep 6 feet (probably the NAM forecast snow)  away from anything.  😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working from home has been great, being a real estate guy deemed non-essential it's been interesting working around the mandated restrictions to still make a living.  I know I'm not alone.  It's all good, I'm enjoying it, virtual happy hours with the neighborhood most nights make it fun too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rainshadow5.8 said:

Speaking of no politics (Brian might have read some of this), I was actually bashed (repeatedly on this person’s personal feed) by a “friend” of mine (who is politically on the same side of the aisle as me no less) because I wanted to leave politics out of the discussion.  So yes I have always appreciated the no politics policy of this forum. 

I did catch some of that, which is unfortunate. You’re trying to post relevant info and keep people informed and it turned into.. well, the usual political bs. Keep posting the graphs and info Tony, don’t let it deter you. 
 

Anyhow, all is well here. Things are a little weird in the FD right now. None of our usual activities are going on, such as building inspections, fire prevention etc... lots of social distancing measures. It’s def here in Delco. Wife works in an independent living facility, and she’s struggling to keep her sanity. Between exposure control and trying to do her job,  (sous chef/dining services manager), it’s been tough for her. She’s pushing for harder measures, which she finally is getting. (Shutting down their dining room finally and just doing door delivery to the apartments) 

today is our 1 year wedding anniversary. Not how we imagined celebrating it, But to put in context, we’re healthy, both have our jobs, and we made it a year without killing each other 😅😂
 

stay safe everyone, feel like we’re just getting started with the bad part of this. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Harbourton said:

I am worried about the mental health aspect of this pandemic. If people are shut up for another 4-6 weeks there is no histrionics to determine what will happen. The cure may be the internet. So with that in mind after washing your hands be sure to get some humor in your life.

I don't know about NJ, but the wine and spirits stores are closed. Basically a shelter in place and there is no alcohol to help pass the time.  I already finished Netflix. 😆 Might have to watch it all again.

You are spot on, take it seriously, wash your hands before you pick your nose, you know, the simple things and above all, look for the humor and laugh at something. We'll all go nuts if there is no laughter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rainshadow5.8 said:

Speaking of models, I have no idea if this is the Euro, NAM or GFS:

 

de.JPG

nj.JPG

pa.JPG

 

You that bored you are generating these graphs??   What site is this from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rainshadow5.8 said:

Speaking of models, I have no idea if this is the Euro, NAM or GFS:

 

de.JPG

nj.JPG

pa.JPG

I finally took a look at this with my glasses on. Fascinating graphs. Did you generate or copy/paste?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...