*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
chescopawxman

1st Spring Snow "Event" Obs of 2020 - March 23rd

Yes in the year of the non-winter it is snowing lightly across NW Chesco with a temp of 35.7

Backyard.20200323_040542874.jpg

Since when is an event 20 mins of pitty flakes? :facepalm:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

Since when is an event 20 mins of pitty flakes? :facepalm:

Crushed here, just down the road from you. 🌭 

7FBCAF69-A7D5-4DBC-AFEE-15E627231F22.jpeg

• Like 4

On second look, 33 and drizzle. 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Parsley said:

On second look, 33 and drizzle. 

Haha!  That pic is epic though.

• Like 1

.05" of "melted" liquid so far from our 1st spring "winter" event!! not even a T of snow....currently rain and 36.0

I

1 hour ago, Allsnow said:

Sne going to get crushed.  This never got the @tombo82685 north trend 

Yes it did. look at the maps quakertown posted. EPS and several of euro runs had accumulating snow down here. with 6+ for abe. Now it's barely 1-3 in the poconos with pitty flakes for the rest. 

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

Yes it did. look at the maps quakertown posted. EPS and several of euro runs had accumulating snow down here. with 6+ for abe. Now it's barely 1-3 in the poconos with pitty flakes for the rest. 

Yup, this is more a central NE event. Sell the 10:1 snowmaps twice as hard this time of year.

4 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

and no one surprised except for the models 🙂

A brief bright spot in an otherwise miserable day. 

10521072-2324-4566-8239-8F161466AF71.jpeg

• Like 8

This winter is brutal.  Poconos.  1850'.  1/2" of dry beautiful snow blowing all around at daybreak.  Main batch rolls in as sleet and freezing rain.  Lol.  I came 3 times this winter for storms, every time freezing rain.  Unbelievable.  

Well...at least I drank coffee in the snow.  Another 1/2" of sleet and the trees are bent over with ice.  Looks pretty but not the 3-5" I anticipated 2 days ago.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, susqushawn said:

This winter is brutal.  Poconos.  1850'.  1/2" of dry beautiful snow blowing all around at daybreak.  Main batch rolls in as sleet and freezing rain.  Lol.  I came 3 times this winter for storms, every time freezing rain.  Unbelievable.  

Well...at least I drank coffee in the snow.  Another 1/2" of sleet and the trees are bent over with ice.  Looks pretty but not the 3-5" I anticipated 2 days ago.  

Yup, just not a good year for even the Poconos. Best snows north/east with elevation help like many prior events. 

Ok, I'll be an ahole, heavy snow, 27F, closing in on 3" new snow.   Winds were gusting past 40 earlier, but have subsided into the 20s, still enough for a lot of blowing snow.    Near Colebrook, NH.   I'll throw a pic when it's daylight.   Just got internet installed.   Between the remote location and the virus protocols, the set up was interesting since the guy wasn't allowed to come in the house.   Customer gets to drill holes in the walls and such...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, iceman56 said:

Ok, I'll be an ahole, heavy snow, 27F, closing in on 3" new snow.   Winds were gusting past 40 earlier, but have subsided into the 20s, still enough for a lot of blowing snow.    Near Colebrook, NH.   I'll throw a pic when it's daylight.   Just got internet installed.   Between the remote location and the virus protocols, the set up was interesting since the guy wasn't allowed to come in the house.   Customer gets to drill holes in the walls and such...

I’ll be an ahole too..a NH nor’easter with 3” @ 27° is pretty lame troll.

• Like 1

0.77" of rain.  Had a few big flakes mixed in for a bit and also a round of sleet for about 20 minutes that left a small slushy accumulation on the deck for about min or so.