*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
Qtown Snow

April/May Weather Pattern Discussion, Same Old, Same Old?

Looks like next warm shot to be muted again but I spy a possible warmth flow flip around the 18th, note these are just euro ens 0z maps 😉

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-namer-t850_anom_stream-6304000.png

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-namer-t850_anom_stream-6520000.png

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-namer-t850_anom_stream-6779200.png

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-namer-t850_anom_stream-7168000.png

Sapril, -nao to -epo cold dump 

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-conus-t2m_f_anom_10day-7340800.png

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

Sapril, -nao to -epo cold dump 

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-conus-t2m_f_anom_10day-7340800.png

The rubber band had to snap back sometime, although I'd prefer it to be July.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rainshadow5.8 said:

The rubber band had to snap back sometime, although I'd prefer it to be July.

Oh, you'll get your snap at some point. But with the luck we've had as of late, it'll snap in June/July from a Sapril baseline  😞

• Sad 1

Nice longwave pattern for April, warm shot ahead of cold fronts, windy cool fall like days following, oh and probably some murky onshore flow from backdoor HP sliding off the NE coast.  Definitely will be some nice days to get outside and enjoy, today being one of them

• Like 2

3 hours ago, susqushawn said:

Nice longwave pattern for April, warm shot ahead of cold fronts, windy cool fall like days following, oh and probably some murky onshore flow from backdoor HP sliding off the NE coast.  Definitely will be some nice days to get outside and enjoy, today being one of them

It's glorious out right now 

Sheesh...triple Barney on the 18z GFS...could be quadruple if you count the cold shot later this week. 

b1.png

b2.png

b3.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ACwx said:

Sheesh...triple Barney on the 18z GFS...could be quadruple if you count the cold shot later this week. 

b1.png

b2.png

b3.png

Well MJO phases 8-2 are cold in April.  Other than that this is as useful as an ice machine on Pluto.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rainshadow5.8 said:

Well MJO phases 8-2 are cold in April.  Other than that this is as useful as an ice machine on Pluto.

do you like seeing snow on eps members for mid april?

As tempting as it has been I'm glad I haven't put any new flowers/shrubs in the ground yet. I know it's early but the warm March and early April make it tough to resist. In reality up our way we aren't in the clear (frost/freeze free) til the beginning of May. 

2 minutes ago, Parsley said:

As tempting as it has been I'm glad I haven't put any new flowers/shrubs in the ground yet. I know it's early but the warm March and early April make it tough to resist. In reality up our way we aren't in the clear (frost/freeze free) til the beginning of May. 

Yea, i made the mistake last year with putting veggies out like string beans and some peppers in mid April last year. Go smoked with frost. I only have brussel sprouts and broccoli in right now and they are fine 

3 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Yea, i made the mistake last year with putting veggies out like string beans and some peppers in mid April last year. Go smoked with frost. I only have brussel sprouts and broccoli in right now and they are fine 

Yup. Funny how the mind can be tricked. Just looking at ABE climo, 2 of the last 3 April's featured temps. at or below freezing at the some point the final 10 days of April. So colder areas were easily well down in the 20s. 

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

do you like seeing snow on eps members for mid april?

As useful as a hot tub on Venus.

As the strat vortex winds down,  the la la land GFS cold shot looks the strongest, the others don't although the NASA(?) model is telling the GFS, dude be consistent.

geos_nh-namindex_20200407.png

gfs_nh-namindex_20200407.png

58 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

I don't put in the summer vegetables until the first week of May. 

On 4/13/2020 at 7:24 AM, Qtown Snow said:

flip end of month?

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-namer-z500_anom-7427200.png

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-namer-z500_anom-7708000.png

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-namer-z500_anom-8032000.png

Hopefully.

• Like 3