*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

February 14th & 15th, Coldest Air Mass Of The Season?

46 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

Another inept record to be striving for....

11.JPG.b84fa8064495fde6675f997138dfc51b.JPG

Month-to-date, overnight lows have averaged 36.3 degrees (compared to the normal of 27.7). This air mass will put a dent in that, but the monthly record is a 34.9 degree average for overnight lows, so that may be another inept record falling in a few weeks.

On 2/12/2020 at 12:03 PM, iceman56 said:

I'll have to savor my -7 tomorrow night, +2 Friday, -21 Friday night, then back up to 15 Saturday in Colebrook, NH.   3-5" of snow tomorrow to boot.     That will have to last me until next winter as I won't get back until mid-April.

You should definitely sleep outside to really make it memorable‼️🥶

If we are talking about the PTW ASOS, this may be good for tonight.  Tom would know more.  I'd take the over on PHL.  I'll go with 19 just because of continuity and also because of what wind there will be is forecast to be coming from the city.  I'll take the over on the GFS for VAY tonight.  Even 12 may be too high for our house.  Its tough to go single numbers even if radiating with no snow cover.

1.JPG.99ae59f2b18b8596fb69dd17a1a6948f.JPG

22 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

If we are talking about the PTW ASOS, this may be good for tonight.  Tom would know more.  I'd take the over on PHL.  I'll go with 19 just because of continuity and also because of what wind there will be is forecast to be coming from the city.  I'll take the over on the GFS for VAY tonight.  Even 12 may be too high for our house.  Its tough to go single numbers even if radiating with no snow cover.

1.JPG.99ae59f2b18b8596fb69dd17a1a6948f.JPG

I am impressed with PHL temp, a new winter low of 14F.

-15F at the new house in Colebrook, NH.    It's a high exposed location which doesn't radiate well.   Our TV guy install guy came in from Bethlehem said it was -22F there.   Forecast was for -30F in isolated valley locations.   The daytime high on Friday was +2F at the house.

• Like 4