*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

tombo82685

Winter Storm Threats II (5 days and beyond)

5 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

This is a fairly classic 5050 look. Long way out but just another time period for false hope

ecmwf_z500_mslp_us_10.png

Verbatim it’s a another congrats southeast as the trough is too positive. The parade of storms kills the ridge out west. In February 1990 the southeast got two snowstorms with the AO uber +

1 hour ago, Allsnow said:

Verbatim it’s a another congrats southeast as the trough is too positive. The parade of storms kills the ridge out west. In February 1990 the southeast got two snowstorms with the AO uber +

Yea varbatum the trough axis and spacing wouldnt work for us. Just in general though to have the idea of that pattern could work of that makes sense. Especially since its 10 days out lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Anyone want to roadrrip to Pittsburg

Pittsburg NH??? Heck yes I’m always down for that 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, susqushawn said:

The @tombo82685 follow-up 3/1-3/5 storm has better potential.  I'm not stopping until the ship has sunk and hit the bottom of the ocean

Captain I regret to inform you the keel has been dragging sand and mud for some time now and the prop has lost 2 blades. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rainshadow said:

Lately, we get better convection in February than we do most Julys.

Maybe I’m reading the sounding wrong but that looks decently capped on euro sounding there?

4 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Maybe I’m reading the sounding wrong but that looks decently capped on euro sounding there?

It is instability aloft, wouldn't be surface based.

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

It would be some sort of Costanza bizzaro world occurrence if the snowfall Blutarsky for PHL is ended by graupel or hail.

10 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

It would be some sort of Costanza bizzaro world occurrence if the snowfall Blutarsky for PHL is ended by graupel or hail.

that would be funny or even better 5.9" of hail accumulation

• Like 1

4 hours ago, susqushawn said:

The @tombo82685 follow-up 3/1-3/5 storm has better potential.  I'm not stopping until the ship has sunk and hit the bottom of the ocean

not looking good today on eps, on big time life support

12 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

not looking good today on eps, on big time life support

simpsons-fat-lady-sings.png

8 hours ago, Chubbs said:

simpsons-fat-lady-sings.png

She sung the moment that gigantic black hole of a PV coupled together back in early Jan

FWIW, the 0Z Euro has some wintry fun at D11 for areas well to the northwest of the fall line. Hopefully, it'll remain tomorrow, disappear on Friday, and reappear on Saturday to avoid Tony's D9 KOD.

16 minutes ago, snowlurker said:

FWIW, the 0Z Euro has some wintry fun at D11 for areas well to the northwest of the fall line. Hopefully, it'll remain tomorrow, disappear on Friday, and reappear on Saturday to avoid Tony's D9 KOD.

day 8 is now officially a KOD too, we need d7

18 minutes ago, susqushawn said:

day 8 is now officially a KOD too, we need d7

Just to be safe we should also include d6, d5, d4, d3 ,d2 and d1.5.

Anytime you want a GFS tirade, just let me know.