*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

tombo82685

Winter Storm Threats II (5 days and beyond)

2 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Nice CCB on euro next week 

euro hasn't given us a d9 threat, taken it away, then given it back yet all season.  This is something different.  I hope.  

• Like 1

it's pulling teeth to get that boundary far enough SE to get us just cold enough.  makes sense, I mean it's going to snow in NC tomorrow, so 1 week later expecting 32 in Philly is clearly a stretch

gefs stepped back overall, dumping more energy out west again.  quite a spread naturally.  just once, can we get some consensus.  hopefully the eps perk up their snow forecast a bit today

2 hours ago, susqushawn said:

Euro d8 now.  @Rainshadow is there hope now that we're within day 9?

I figure there will be one.  As much as not every day 9 storm comes to fruition or our normal season snowfall would be 112”, to be shut out goes way against the laws of averages too. I thought the one would be during the first half of March, but I am willing to be flexible. 

2 hours ago, susqushawn said:

Euro d8 now.  @Rainshadow is there hope now that we're within day 9?

Lol my “smart” phone kept on loading old model runs, so I was wondering what was going on, I saw nothing.

8 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

Lol my “smart” phone kept on loading old model runs, so I was wondering what was going on, I saw nothing.

Sounds like your smartphone isn’t to smart 

90746633-272F-4329-9383-D16443551B74.gif

• Like 1

This is all relative because, well, you know.  But this was the best analog series I have seen for PHL this season (yes relative).  The centering day is next Thursday, so no creative maneuvering needed.  This included the foot of snow event on 2/12/06.  There were three additional events that fell into the C-2" range that Chris has been forecasting accurately for this winter.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

This is all relative because, well, you know.  But this was the best analog series I have seen for PHL this season (yes relative).  The centering day is next Thursday, so no creative maneuvering needed.  This included the foot of snow event on 2/12/06.  There were three additional events that fell into the C-2" range that Chris has been forecasting accurately for this winter.

1.JPG

Surprised they had that based off the h5 look. To me the h5 screams west

5 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Surprised they had that based off the h5 look. To me the h5 screams west

They had that too.  There were some warm solutions;  the #1 analog had a high of 70F for PHL on its centering date.  I had to do a triple take to make sure I was looking at the right month in the right place.   So 70F or a foot of snow, we got all bases covered. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

I got a headache from looking at that silliness

Oops that was horrible.  Fixed.

1 hour ago, susqushawn said:

No.  This is not a seesaw.  It's the GEFS from 12z to 18z today.  Oozing with consistency.

I think DuPage gave you the 12z GEFS from yesterday. The valid times shouldn't be jumping 24 hours. 

2 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

I think DuPage gave you the 12z GEFS from yesterday. The valid times shouldn't be jumping 24 hours. 

Well I'll be darned.  I'm deleting it

2 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

I'll try to avoid the cynicism of a C-2" forecast. Am looking forward to a better showing by the GEPS.

Here was the eps overnight for the susquayawner period

ecmwf-ensemble-KLOM-indiv_snow-2156800.png

28 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Here was the eps overnight for the susquayawner period

ecmwf-ensemble-KLOM-indiv_snow-2156800.png

Well...it's not a complete shutout yet

The CPC D+8 (centered on March 1) analog dates include February 12, 2006.

The CPC D+8 and D+6 (centered on February 27) include March 14 & 15, 1956 (~four days before March 18-19, 1956).

20060212-20060213-4.10.jpg

19560318-19560319-1.87.jpg

• Like 1