Jump to content

*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!


Rainshadow5.8

Temps/Pcpn/Obs/Run Of The Mill Weather Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, iceman56 said:

Still tapping the 30's on 5/20 - will take it.   38.0 this morning with a breeze bringing a freezing wind chill.

Only made it to 40.8 as my unique climate ascending the Welsh Mountain anticline continues to warm......could I get 3 or more days above 90 this year??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40 degrees locally this morning, clouds keep us out of the 30's

28 years ago a unique setup for this time year, extremely dry air along with clear skies & little wind resulted in large daily temp spreads across the area. The ideal radiating environment over interior SNJ produced some wild daily spreads, as much as 60 degrees at Indian Mills, NJ. On 5/21/1992 ACY, Millville & Indian Mills all went from sub-freezing lows to summer time highs in the 80's - crazy stuff!

 

321535853_SNJ5-1992.png.0edcfaec5a34a8cd35de948899a40316.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, colonel_kurtz said:

40 degrees locally this morning, clouds keep us out of the 30's

28 years ago a unique setup for this time year, extremely dry air along with clear skies & little wind resulted in large daily temp spreads across the area. The ideal radiating environment over interior SNJ produced some wild daily spreads, as much as 60 degrees at Indian Mills, NJ. On 5/21/1992 ACY, Millville & Indian Mills all went from sub-freezing lows to summer time highs in the 80's - crazy stuff!

 

321535853_SNJ5-1992.png.0edcfaec5a34a8cd35de948899a40316.png

That's nuts! I look at those daily values on the NJ Climate Network page pretty often, and every once in a while you'll see a 50-degree spread but it's way up in the mountains of north Jersey. 88 / 28 is amazing

There's this cranberry farmer in the Pine Barrens that I follow on social media and he was posting about this event this morning, was talking about dew points down around 20

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 this morning. Luckily no issues for the plants. Beautiful day today. Need to mow before the upcoming unsettled days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ACwx said:

That's nuts! I look at those daily values on the NJ Climate Network page pretty often, and every once in a while you'll see a 50-degree spread but it's way up in the mountains of north Jersey. 88 / 28 is amazing

There's this cranberry farmer in the Pine Barrens that I follow on social media and he was posting about this event this morning, was talking about dew points down around 20

I knew you would like that blast from the past. 

Did that cranberry farmer say how cold he got? These huge spreads for interior SNJ were talked about on the local news weather segments and I believe they mentioned some cranberry farm that dropped into the low 20's.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, colonel_kurtz said:

I knew you would like that blast from the past. 

Did that cranberry farmer say how cold he got? These huge spreads for interior SNJ were talked about on the local news weather segments and I believe they mentioned some cranberry farm that dropped into the low 20's.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

0.47” so far today 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really nasty MCV moved through the Charlotte area today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awoken by thunder at 6:45am. Got over 1" of rain within 30 minutes and it's still pouring.

codnexlab.NEXRAD_DIX_N0Q.20200523_1118.048ani.gif.37b60fccab821f831b844f0c9be0beb8.gif

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This satellite loop is a prime example of why weather is so fascinating.

So much going on here...

BDD76DEA-27EB-4D40-A670-A45200CF4965.gif

0F7D6BEA-3938-42B0-BE1D-ED33DF887968.jpeg

600BFAD0-0BCD-46C4-85F7-5DB39B32FFEB.gif

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About 5 miles east of me in Somerville they are over 2.50" according to rain gauges I see on the ambient app.  I just passed .40.  Happy to on the edge of the heaviest rain.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, frankdp23 said:

About 5 miles east of me in Somerville they are over 2.50" according to rain gauges I see on the ambient app.  I just passed .40.  Happy to on the edge of the heaviest rain.

Your pool don’t need that much H2O. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need to hurry up and get to the beach here in Sea Isle City as we are up to 66 degrees - no doubt the 58 degree ocean temps will start to work their magic later and tomorrow is a non-beach day as with the backdoor front it will go right back to what we saw all week down here...wind off water and chilly.

SicHi.20200523_111807802.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It getting warm and humid with the sun peaking out from time to time.       0.78" so far.   See if any wrap around convection adds to the bucket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful day on the beach but temps have really danced around depending on the wind direction. Got to the beach 77.5 degrees....30 min later with sea breeze dropped to 66 degrees....wind then turned again and now back up to 76.2 degrees

2020-05-23 13.38.45.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up to 0.90" as of 4pm

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't vouch for the veracity of this, but.... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feels like temps over performing so far today. 68.5 here at the house with a comfortable DP of 55

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...