*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Rainshadow5.8

Temps/Pcpn/Obs/Run Of The Mill Weather Discussion

A few rumbles of thunder around 3:15 AM. Couple of heavy showers dropped 0.42"

0.35",  2 rounds -  around 1 and 3am. Nice light show.

Some vivid lightning and rolling thunder during the 230am hour overnight with 0.47" of rain MTD now at 0.49" (0.45") below normal with YTD rainfall now at 12.59" or 0.57" above normal. More rain on the way with our active pattern over the next week or so - Good news for our Township farmers who are busy in the fields!

I assume there was some lightning & thunder in Collegeville overnight, but I slept through it completely.

Wish I could say the same. It was a intense thunderstorm in Philly at 2:45 AM and continued with another round till 3:30 AM

Do you think the sea breeze front passed through Sea Isle City in the last 27 min? 1st column is wind direction - 4th column humidity (going up quick as temp falls) and last column Temp
image.png.9eb6aca2c14d7cc32f75671fa665468d.png

Glancing rain, then a double rainbow. 

FF5F7D58-907B-4F5D-925D-73AC965E7836.jpeg

• Like 3

Great sky shows today. 

5E402AAB-940E-436F-B81E-2A1658E21759.jpeg

• Like 2

The last four days have been a thing of beauty. One interesting thing I've noticed... At least in our neighborhood, I've talked to our neighbors considerably MORE than I did before the social distancing stuff. You can tell everyone is craving social interaction. I think it's actually made us all grow closer within our own small communities. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

The last four days have been a thing of beauty. One interesting thing I've noticed... At least in our neighborhood, I've talked to our neighbors considerably MORE than I did before the social distancing stuff. You can tell everyone is craving social interaction. I think it's actually made us all grow closer within our own small communities. 

Same here. Having social distancing happy hours on the cul-de-sac I live on. We all line up our beach chairs in the street, stay 6 plus feet away and play some tunes and drink. Had a lot of fun doing this this past weekend and we'll do it once a week until this mess is over. Can't wait to see the party when lockdown gets lifted. Woo Hoo!!

5 minutes ago, frankdp23 said:

Actually getting a nice little snow squall

Yup, light snow blowing around right now here as well.  Most exciting thing that happened this winter.

• Like 1

A few flurries flying. 

Not quite what my cousin had in Bangor, Maine. 

46184FF7-B419-4057-B7DB-81EDD86E49D5.jpeg

• Like 5

Very light snow here in East Nantmeal temp at 44.0