*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Rainshadow5.8

Temps/Pcpn/Obs/Run Of The Mill Weather Discussion

Phl's climate summary through Mar 30 (most similar city at right) - Williamsburg has come to Tony

2020-04-01 Climate Perspectives.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rainshadow5.8 said:

I am looking forward to a non drizzly tomorrow.

vis_nj_anim.gif
Nice to wake up to some sun after 4 days. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Parsley said:

vis_nj_anim.gif
Nice to wake up to some sun after 4 days. 

But will it continue...

7 minutes ago, cbelke said:

But will it continue...

I'll take 50/50 today. Checking the models, it appears that storm to our south may be a bit further south/east than anticipated a few days ago + its helping usher in some drier air from the north. Doubt we escape instability clouds as the day progresses but all in all, it's improvement. With things the way they are right now, I'll take any positive trends, even minor ones.

• Like 3

The GOES 16 1-minute mesoscale floater just happened to be zoomed in on the center of the coastal storm this morning...very photogenic storm this time around

download (1).gif

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rainshadow5.8 said:

A perfect 4 of 4, all major climate sites had a top ten warmest Morch.

abe.JPG

acy.JPG

ilg.JPG

phl.JPG

Matches mighty well with my Chester County data base with 8 of the 10 years sharing top 10 warm status. The only outliers are 1977 and 1929 - with Chesco replacing those with 1898 and 1910

Warm start to the year across the NE - Jan through Mar

2020-04-02 SERCC Climate Perspectives.png

Too bad this cut off retrograding low doesn’t have a cold air supply because it’s rather fascinating without it. It’s not even snowing in @iceman56 territory 

Random, but something I thought was interesting - a couple days ago there was a 1070mb high analyzed in northern Canada. That's not a typo. Shattered sea-level pressure records for April by a solid 15 to 20mb

If that had ended up further south closer to the retrograding coastal low near New England...impacts could have been way more severe

EUm8hHnXQAAb7n1.jpg

• Like 2

Looks to have finally broken out of the marine flow clouds down in Sea Isle City but temps have remained in the 40's all day with the flow off the still 46 degree water temps....warmer here inland in Chescoland but not much sun so far today

Backyard.20200404_154908967.jpg

SICHi.20200404_154858089.jpg

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

B101 playing Christmas music. Wohooooo

Well I put some of my Christmas lights out last week.

• Like 1

A beautiful couple of days on tap today and tomorrow get out and enjoy it! Looking forward to getting the kids out of the house! Today is the 1st day this month that has a high temp above the normal for the day. Record high for today is 77.7 back in 2010 with the record low at 21.0 from 1995. Also 3" of snow fell on this date in 1898 here in Chester County PA

SICHi.20200405_115001167.jpg

Backyard.20200405_114906564.jpg

40 minutes ago, cbelke said:

0.02" overnight

Wasn't expecting that. Fantastic day on tap today. Felt great spending most of the day outside yesterday. Thank God this quarantine is happening now and not early January. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mshaffer526 said:

Thank God this quarantine is happening now and not early January. 

Yup, even worse would have been last November with months of cold and darkness ahead...atleast days like yesterday and today offer an escape (when one isn't working or watching their own children) outdoors to get your mind off this pandemic. 

• Like 1

Always nice to see the Susquehanna and the individual ridges and valleys from space. Sea-breeze clouds already popping up along the coast but it looks fantastic inland.

Capture3.PNG

• Like 1

Sea breeze front showing up nicely on radar - temp has been falling steadily at the beach in Sea Isle City - while here in the soaring peaks of the Welsh Mountain anticline we are 13 degrees warmer....beauty of a day!

SICHi.20200406_171559996.jpg

Backyard.20200406_171446607.jpg

12 minutes ago, Qtown Snow said:

Full Moon Tonight 

_DSC5470-2.jpg

April Pink Moon they call it. Nice shot. 

• Like 1

AND...

i was just getting over this winter when I saw this for this weekend for Maine‼️😡

image.png.53bea54f4fc68a58a118267fa92c8fac.png

SVR warned but missed the core.  60 seconds of heavy rain.  Nice light show mainly cloud to cloud.

Screenshot_20200408-024906_Chrome.jpg

VideoCapture_20200408-024421.jpg

• Like 8