*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Meteorological Fall Banter Thread

On 9/27/2019 at 3:24 PM, mshaffer526 said:

My son was born at 10:56 this morning! Meet Ryan Kenneth Shaffer. Couldn't ask for a more beautiful day for him to enter the world, hopefully it's a harbinger of good things to come 😁

Attach40259_20190927_134853.jpg

Aww, a belated congratulations on the birth of Ryan. How is Mom doing? And your six-year old?

14 hours ago, eastonwx said:

I was 30 when my twin daughters were born. When they start coming out two at a time, that's probably a sign to stop.

Similar, I was 29 when my twin daughters were born.  27 with my son.  def was a sign to stop, haha!  My brother and sister in law tried for one more kid in their very late 30s, and had twins...now they have 5 kids.  smh, lol. 

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of hot weather, that being said, it's just a beautiful day outside.  I love the feeling of change and the chill in the air.  Even with the rain and drizzle which is desperately needed in my area, feels like a breath of fresh air.  Like the song says " Wake me up when September Ends".

50 minutes ago, eastonwx said:

I. Can't. Even.

IMG_20191003_104604644.jpg.3fc3a68208757c9ac7863b492fa2c81e.jpg

Walmart has their Christmas stuff out already, thing of beauty 

1 minute ago, tombo82685 said:

Walmart has their Christmas stuff out already, thing of beauty 

This was at Boscov's. Maybe a brilliant marketing ploy? Celebrate with a Halloween tree, and leave it up through Christmas!

On 10/3/2019 at 6:08 AM, rramblings said:

Aww, a belated congratulations on the birth of Ryan. How is Mom doing? And your six-year old?

Thank you!  I came downstairs this morning to see Mom on the recliner with Ryan sleeping on her...so I don't think last night was a good night.  My daughter is adjusting...I took her out for a date night last night, have a feeling those are going to be important.

• Like 2

Crab apple tree out back is in full dropping bombs mode. Sounds like WW3 in our driveway! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, irishbri74 said:

Crab apple tree out back is in full dropping bombs mode. Sounds like WW3 in our driveway! 

The perfect ripeness for making Crab apple jelly or jam.

A little late to the party, but I love the idea of a Halloween tree! I saw Halloween ornaments at HomeGoods, so I kinda figured somebody was making Halloween trees.