*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
mshaffer526

The 90s Revival Observation Thread 8/17(?)-8/22(?)

We picked up 0.01" yesterday at home.  About 15 miles north of us, they picked up over 2" near Morgantown.

Climate summary for today in Western Chester County KMQS (87.8/69.8) EN (84.8/69.4) of course any dream of 90+ days for the rest of the season are over in Western Chesco but of note of the 31 Mt Holly NWS/FAA sites across PA/NJ/DE/MD all but 8 sites hit 90+ today including Andover/Sussex/TTN/Lehighton/MPO/KMQS/KPTW/KLOM                                                                         

On Long Island visiting my family. Got smoked. Likely severe level storms. Wild. Video doesn’t do it justice. Windows were shaking from the wind and rain.

387F31A3-9D4E-4562-AB5B-3FDE664A9279.png

CA466A7B-A60C-4CEE-825D-53099EF05AC4.png

• Like 9

1.07" measured this AM, some minor wind issues (small branches, lots of leaves, outdoor household items blown around like potted plants, buckets, etc.).

Took this shot in Easton as the prefrontal(?)  passage came thru

IMG_20190822_190136699.jpg.8cc2cc12cb9ddeb9fd8c3cf892ae9f08.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, irishbri74 said:

@Parsley, heard a good amount of 58+mph wind reports up that way. Not surprised to see that report at all. 

Yeah, sounds about right. Worst passed a few miles north of where I was but it still packed a punch. Radar showed the wind threat well. 

Back in PA, looks like about 0.50” IMBY yesterday   

I'm going to be that guy.....when should this clear out (I'm in MontCo)? It's the last day of camp (outdoors) for my kiddo and I was hoping to do Knoebel's tonight. My Weather Channel app says 2:30, but it's often way off on those sorts of predictions. I've got my fingers crossed for it to clear earlier. 😬

Had a nice round of storms last night to wash out the muck. 1.25 in the bucket and a nice sound and light show to boot. Currently 68/66 and overcast.  Can't wait for those dews to drop into the 50s.  Windows open tonight!

22 minutes ago, Gaia said:

I'm going to be that guy.....when should this clear out (I'm in MontCo)? It's the last day of camp (outdoors) for my kiddo and I was hoping to do Knoebel's tonight. My Weather Channel app says 2:30, but it's often way off on those sorts of predictions. I've got my fingers crossed for it to clear earlier. 😬

Should be fine tonight, this should be out by 5pm at latest as drier advects in

• Like 1

Down to 64.5 here in Gap....feels positively late September-like outside.