*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

8/7 Slight Risk Of Severe Thunderstorm Obs

10 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

What are your thoughts on the constant VAY crush jobs?

I only got .86", which is nothing when compared to VAY. Definitely appears the bullseye has moved over VAY. Maybe needs to check the batteries in his station? Low batteries can give some erroneous readings. :bye:  

There has been more of a split, at least from my perspective, of rain/storms firing more consistently to the North and South of me.  Downtown Philly was getting rocked the last few rounds. I had one cell fire up close by around 3:30 AM and dumped .25", then the same thing happened around 4 PM and then as the front passed through it was just a light rain. Everything else was firing up North and South (VAY and the city) or just as it got by me heading NE in to Hunterdon County.  (See my post above where I'm in the "dry zone")

If you want my honest opinion, I think someone in VAY did something wrong this year and he is being punished. :ohmy: Flooding rains, high winds, tornado's, locusts, etc.  He's probably growing lily pads in his garden, and the figs are drowning. Wait till winter when VAY gets about 6 ft of snow every week. :popcorn:

0.16 - a yawner.

Local geography appeared to play a strong role in yesterday's winners and losers. There was a clear area downwind of Chesapeake Bay as storms started to develop that lined up well with light qpf in western suburbs. Meanwhile convection was enhanced further east as bay breezes from Chesapeake and Delaware Bays interacted leading to heavy storms near philly. Finally sea breeze helped trigger strong convection west of NYC

COD-GOES-East-local-New_Jersey.02.20190807.181650-over=map-bars=.gif

• Like 1

We had strong storms roll through the OBX last night. Seeing a large storm roll out over the ocean is something to behold. Just nonstop lightning over the ocean. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chubbs said:

0.16 - a yawner.

Local geography appeared to play a strong role in yesterday's winners and losers. There was a clear area downwind of Chesapeake Bay as storms started to develop that lined up well with light qpf in western suburbs. Meanwhile convection was enhanced further east as bay breezes from Chesapeake and Delaware Bays interacted leading to heavy storms near philly. Finally sea breeze helped trigger strong convection west of NYC

COD-GOES-East-local-New_Jersey.02.20190807.181650-over=map-bars=.gif

Same in my area as well...

I think there was one in Springfield last week as well, an EF0.  I believe that Armando who some know from other boards actually filmed it.