*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

colonel_kurtz

Garden/Golf/Lawn Thread

47 minutes ago, cbelke said:

Hmmm.... I'm thinking the ball went straight up and straight down. The apex of that ball flight is too high for Tony. That top arrow looks to be 5 yards from the deer, which are 15 yards from the turkey's, and the turkey's are close to Tony, kind of milling around like he is part of the flock. :bye:  I think they are all searching the ground looking for figs. 

laughing-dog_o_2354511.jpg.f99e4e61caad5518a601e650820fb472.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rainshadow said:

laughing-dog_o_2354511.jpg.f99e4e61caad5518a601e650820fb472.jpg

Sorry buddy! I couldn't resist!

• Like 1

Suggestions please. Major problem with grubs this year. Never been this bad. Birds digging up lawn. Have a great lawn guy who will look at lawn this week and discuss plan of action. He already told me about grub problem, saying too late too apply grubx this year, he will apply grubx next year. He said he had never seen so much bird damage. Suggestions welcome for what to do next year. At least lawn is aerated. 😆Thanks, Tyler

9A614EEF-5FAA-4D30-BC0B-063E4B577514.jpeg

15D75191-AA26-48E3-BA11-F89C7C4AF16B.jpeg

On 11/2/2019 at 2:10 PM, rramblings said:

Suggestions please. Major problem with grubs this year. Never been this bad. Birds digging up lawn. Have a great lawn guy who will look at lawn this week and discuss plan of action. He already told me about grub problem, saying too late too apply grubx this year, he will apply grubx next year. He said he had never seen so much bird damage. Suggestions welcome for what to do next year. At least lawn is aerated. 😆Thanks, Tyler

9A614EEF-5FAA-4D30-BC0B-063E4B577514.jpeg

15D75191-AA26-48E3-BA11-F89C7C4AF16B.jpeg

Put down any product with imodacloprid (grubex being one of them) around 4th of July and you’re good to go. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Put down any product with imodacloprid (grubex being one of them) around 4th of July and you’re good to go. 

Thanks Tombo. I am thinking that come spring I will have to have new grass put in where there was extensive bird damage. Should anything be done prior to putting in new grass? 

On 11/3/2019 at 3:30 PM, tombo82685 said:

My lawn guy was here the other day and we looked at the damaged areas of the lawn. Briefly, the damage is not nearly as bad as I feared, he thinks the damaged areas may recover with some seeding. He will do this in the spring. Tyler

On 11/4/2019 at 6:50 AM, rramblings said:

Thanks Tombo. I am thinking that come spring I will have to have new grass put in where there was extensive bird damage. Should anything be done prior to putting in new grass? 

sorry just seeing this. Damage is already done. Just seed it in spring, you will have weed issues in those spots until the grass is mature enough to be sprayed with a post emerge herbicide. Then around 4th of july put down a grub insecticide and you will be fine

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

Yesterday picked the anatomically correct sweet potatoes 🙄 

6ED2E9AA-93E7-4B2C-8CF7-49D999E02A93.jpeg

According to facebook advertisements, there's a market for funky veggies

On 11/8/2019 at 12:22 PM, tombo82685 said:

sorry just seeing this. Damage is already done. Just seed it in spring, you will have weed issues in those spots until the grass is mature enough to be sprayed with a post emerge herbicide. Then around 4th of july put down a grub insecticide and you will be fine

Thanks Tom. Nothing I can do now, and I have good lawn guys. What you are telling me is along the same line as what I am hearing from my lawn guy. Tyler

Just got done playing Glenn Mills golf course in thornbury township. They got pretty hard with the EF-2 the other week. 

Believe this was the last few hundred yards of the tornado itself. Amazing how many trees are snapped in half compared to the rest of the course where it didn’t hit. 

house was adjacent to the 4th hole (par 5) and then tracked over the 4th hole/5th tee box and into the driving range/short game area. That’s where the bulk of the damage was. Still could smell the fresh pine. 

C661D15E-3CF4-484E-A77D-32167094714F.jpeg

A8D7D8C6-C650-4CB0-BBE4-EEC087EAA016.jpeg

B9339AB7-2F6B-47A7-AB52-5C99F347A38E.png

• Like 3