*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
colonel_kurtz

Garden/Golf/Lawn Thread

3 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

This is why, I never aim for the flag during thunderstorms (or on sunny days either).

69170941_10157474359743630_3162616618861723648_n.jpg.154dac59ac2f34ded8190f23f1cc1747.jpg

Did you finally get a hole in one?  I figured that's what would happen if you ever did.  :bye:

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, cbelke said:

Did you finally get a hole in one?  I figured that's what would happen if you ever did.  :bye:

I did get a hole in one on a drizzly day in November, I think it was 2002.  Fifth hole at Kresson (where else?), 120 yards, 8 iron.  Thankfully it wasn't unstable aloft and lightning did not strike.

whew.gif.76398f2a01d0428616d3793d67ce1134.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cbelke said:

BTW, I bought a plaque and double checked. It was 11/29/01 and a "strata" ball.  I figured the 2002-03 correlation might be coming and the pressure on me would be excruciating.  ;)

• Like 2

The Fedex cup final has started. YAWN! JT starts at -10. What is that. I guess it takes 15 million to not have the PGA major on. 

1st : -10
2nd: -8
3rd: -7
4th: -6
5th: -5
6th to 10th: -4
11th to 15th: -3
16th to 20th: -2
21st to 25th: -1
26th to 30th: E

21-30 have no shot.

On 8/22/2019 at 1:48 PM, Harbourton said:

The Fedex cup final has started. YAWN! JT starts at -10. What is that. I guess it takes 15 million to not have the PGA major on. 

1st : -10
2nd: -8
3rd: -7
4th: -6
5th: -5
6th to 10th: -4
11th to 15th: -3
16th to 20th: -2
21st to 25th: -1
26th to 30th: E

21-30 have no shot.

Well they have the three best players on top.  Otherwise, I don't know, it doesn't do much for me. 

Back from the Azores. Tom may want to relocate. Temps in the 70s. A brief shower or two most days.Thick, weed-free Bermuda grass on lawns and golf course.  Looked bullet-proof.

azoresgolf.jpg

• Like 11

We took an impromptu trip to the Poconos since the weather was so great.  We stayed at the same place on Lake Wallenpaupack we used to go to with our children.  We golfed at Great Bear and Buck Hill. They are going to be redoing the White Course at Buck Hill and it is going to be closed for the season soon.  (The white 9 that is).  They have a Red & Blue 9.  This is the locker room at Great Bear, I almost wanted to spend 4 hours in there.  For Andy, I think the last image is part of a defunct Ski Lift (behind the green of Blue 7) at Buck Hill.

11.JPG

44.JPG

3232323.JPG.606b0d0bd8c152becbe5bd8c9d8316c2.JPG

77.JPG

88.JPG

99.JPG

• Like 7