*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
colonel_kurtz

Garden/Golf/Lawn Thread

11 hours ago, susqushawn said:

I got smashed between the eyes with a golf ball Tuesday.  A late fore call and I, like a moron, look up instead of away.   9 iron from 150 yards out.  Ambulance, hospital, and I'll just count my blessings it wasn't lost teeth or an eye.  Just a slip in judgment, we all had individual carts, and I simply forgot one guy had been searching for his ball when I was already pin high.  I'll save the photos so you can avoid throwing up your Quaker Oats.

Sorry to hear that.  Ouch.  Get well soon. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, susqushawn said:

I got smashed between the eyes with a golf ball Tuesday.  A late fore call and I, like a moron, look up instead of away.   9 iron from 150 yards out.  Ambulance, hospital, and I'll just count my blessings it wasn't lost teeth or an eye.  Just a slip in judgment, we all had individual carts, and I simply forgot one guy had been searching for his ball when I was already pin high.  I'll save the photos so you can avoid throwing up your Quaker Oats.

Hope all goes well. My friend had a similar incident that almost cost him his eye. Good thing golf is a non contact sport.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, susqushawn said:

Glad you escaped serious injury, hope you feel better soon. 

Pin high would be the safest spot for other golfers to stand when I'm hitting approach shots.

• Like 3

How long after putting down new grass seed before it’s ok to put down weed preventer (mainly for crabgrass)? I threw down some fresh soil and seed around my new patio back in March (Didn’t have much of a choice bc the patio wasn’t finished until December) and it’s come along nice, and usually try to put down the crabgrass prevent around Memorial Day, but don’t want to destroy any of the fresh seedlings.

6 hours ago, JSchwake28 said:

How long after putting down new grass seed before it’s ok to put down weed preventer (mainly for crabgrass)? I threw down some fresh soil and seed around my new patio back in March (Didn’t have much of a choice bc the patio wasn’t finished until December) and it’s come along nice, and usually try to put down the crabgrass prevent around Memorial Day, but don’t want to destroy any of the fresh seedlings.

Once you get two mowings in, you're fine

• Like 1

Loved seeing those 4 guys today in shorts and carrying their own clubs. You don’t see that side too often. I feel like the pace of play was a bit faster with then using range finders. Like noticeably faster. Anyone else? 

8 minutes ago, irishbri74 said:

Loved seeing those 4 guys today in shorts and carrying their own clubs. You don’t see that side too often. I feel like the pace of play was a bit faster with then using range finders. Like noticeably faster. Anyone else? 

Dress code could certainly be updated to allow shorts. The bags looked much smaller than the luggage the caddies have to lug around. This course was an easy course to walk, not sure those guys would want to be hauling a full set of clubs around a hilly course over 4 days. Could really be a detriment for older golfers especially for majors like the Masters in which winners have the lifetime exemption. As far as range finders I wouldn't go that far, preparation should remain a big part of the game so fine tuning the yardage over the practice rounds should remain pertinent.

Wolff & Rory's drives on 16 were just sick, 410 yds & they ended up in greenside bunkers. DJ seems to have lost some of his driving distance. Rickie played well until he chirped a little on the playoff hole then proceeded to miss the green.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, irishbri74 said:

Pace of play.  Could have been because of no conversations with caddie. 

• Like 1

The "Match" is ongoing with Tiger up 2. This may be the new normal for sports without fans. Cart cams and interface with players and Charles Barkley is great.