*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

7/11 Thunderstorms & Heavy Rain Obs

2.16" in NW Chesco - 1 mile SW of Pughtown.

1 hour ago, susqushawn said:

Got home last night to a flooded basement and crawl space.  Water coming in places I never knew were possible.  Time to bite the bullet and get waterproofing.  New house so wasn't sure exactly what to expect...now I know.

Awful. Sorry to hear that. I was helping neighbors bail out their basements last evening too. I couldn't believe the ways and speed at which water was infiltrating. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, irishbri74 said:

Sad news out of Douglass township tonight.

5D8C7779-C289-4591-8C39-A390D157A361.png

😢😢😢  Thanks for sharing this very sad news. Being in north Jersey, the local to me news outlets (NYC, northern NJ  newspapers) did not cover this. Not even News 12 NJ. Yes, I do have some Philly news outlets I check as well as WHYY. I did find a CNN report. 

My area of Hunterdon County tends towards a NYC media, while southern Hunterdon tends towards Philly.

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, rramblings said:

Checked my rain gage at 9 PM, 1.34 inches. A couple of periods of heavy rain and some impressive thunder and lightning. According NWS LSR, a house in Raritan Twshp Hunterdon County was hit by lightning and caught fire. I may have heard that strike, I am close to Raritan Twshp and heard a very impressive boom around the time of the LSR.

We made out a lot better than others elsewhere in NJ and eastern PA.

I wish all of you affected by flash flooding from the heavy rains a safe evening. 

I ended up with .97.  Very thankful as well to make it out ok.  I'm actually in Florida, but am able to check my station with an app.  Raritan is right down 202 from me as well (I'm about 2 miles away from the CVS/WAWA/Profeta Farms).  That is scary.

• Like 1

3.43" was my total for the past 24 hours. 

This was in Downingtown at the Intersection of boot road and 322.  Lots of similar intersections in my area yesterday.  That's a cop under the RR Bridge yelling at a driver trying to push their flooded Dodge Challenger to get out of the water.  Amazingly people were still trying to drive through from the other side and splashing him...  The pic doesn't really do the scene justice, there was about 3ft of water in the intersection just past where he was.

The fire police brought their boat to rt 30 and Bell Tavern to pluck a person from the roof of their car that got swamped under the bypass bridge. 

This was probably the worst / most widespread flooding in our area that I can remember. 

20190711_182651.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

Saturday tornado E-F.  Yesterday's Tornado G-H.   White 7 @ Ramblewood Country Club.

May help/hurt this year's snowfall forecast

20 minutes ago, rramblings said:

Tony, assume yesterday’s was not near you? Tyler

Tyler, yeah, it was on the other side of the township, about a ten minute drive away.

• Like 1