*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

7/11 Thunderstorms & Heavy Rain Obs

3" and raining to beat the band.

3.20" and 1.45" rain rate. Glad my nephew mowed my lawn while I was in Yellowstone...

1 minute ago, Qtown Snow said:

rumor is dry season is getting closer 

2020?

2 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

just hit 4" here

You got the jackpot.  Sitting at 3.33" here. Rain has lessened quite a bit. 

I think that was the highest rainful rate I've recorded in the 3 years since I put in my VantagePro2. Hit 8"/hr on the mark. Fortunately it was quick hitting and we only got about 1.3". Still enough for water to pour into the basement 😐

• Like 1

Drove back from working a little bit ago.  Did not realize the line I was driving through had

a SVR until I returned.  Twice warnings were issued for two segments, but neither had strong

enough winds to cause damage locally.  The second one had much more lightning, and the

rain was not easy to maneuver through.  Looking at the radar from the warned storms, looks

as if a Microburst may have occurred in the general Upper Providence, Marple, Radnor area

of Delaware county on KDIX and TPHL.  Some strong winds were indicated near the Airport

itself as well.  The storm in Hopewell of Mercer county had a curious bookend feature to it,

and both TEWR and TPHL suggested a possible downburst or circulation was in that area.

Time will tell if any of these gusts reached the surface or not.

Gigi, better get in the basement. Tornado warning in Mt. Laurel. 

TPHL showed an area of strong winds, possible circulation just west of the center of Mount Laurel.

Even if a tornado did not occur, wind damage looked likely in a SW to NE direction.  Additionally, TEWR

indicated a stronger circulation near Plainsboro in Middlesex county just a few mins ago.

I've lived in NJ for 50+ years, this has to be the most active year for tornadic activity I can recall. 

7 minutes ago, cbelke said:

Gigi, better get in the basement. Tornado warning in Mt. Laurel. 

About 30-40 mph winds here.  Worst part passed southeast of us.  Pouring now.

• Like 2