*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Here Come The Rain(s) Again. Wet Work Week Of 6/10-6/14.

Don't have a station and can't state anything quantitative, but we've received multiple waves this morning, afternoon, snd evening in southern New Castle County today.

11 hours ago, snowlurker said:

Don't have a station and can't state anything quantitative, but we've received multiple waves this morning, afternoon, snd evening in southern New Castle County today.

Yeah had many 2-3" observations in the state.  We found the convective overperformer for this first one, onto the next one:

d13_fill.gif.117a073fa0e5f5e606e7e994f0079139.gif

day3otlk_0730.gif.6d0cb71caba0b4ddc38bdbce23aa38a8.gif

The wave is coming up from the southeast states, another wet period starting tomorrow night.

d12_fill.gif.e1715893994a08e6cba8a214fba48bda.gif

1 hour ago, Rainshadow said:

It is grass cutting time....

ndfd_rain_pennsylvania_12.png.24eac65495ba3c883912566148df64cd.png

I had mud ruts today, I'd have mud streams on Friday if I waited.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

I had mud ruts today, I'd have mud streams on Friday if I waited.

I shall be mowing this evening.

6 hours ago, cbelke said:

I shall be mowing this evening.

Lawn mowed, let it rain. 

Looking like the bulk of the rain is shifting to the South and West now? Still wet for everyone, but not so much to the North.

.20" so far, heavy stuff just moving in shortly.

New thread for a new week?

36 minutes ago, iceman56 said:

New thread for a new week?

Yes.  It is deja vu all over again.

On 6/9/2019 at 8:57 AM, talonsmith said:

Did you plant it into the old root mulch of the Walnut? Pines are pretty susceptible to black walnut

Sorry for the tardy response. No I did not plant the dwarf cedar in the root mulch of the Walnut, thanks for asking. The dwarf cedar is in a large ceramic pot that is supposed to resistant to the cold. She came in a smaller plastic pot and the tree guy at my nursery helped me pick out a good pot.

As I understand it, there are many things that you can not plant near a Black Walnut, even after it has been taken done. In a garden on one side of our house, we have perennials planter that will grow near another old Black Walnut removed about 10 years ago and our one remaining Black Walnut.

I decided not to even try to plant anything in the root mulch were the Black Walnut was removed last fall.

• Like 1