*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Meteorological Summer Banter Thread

1 hour ago, mshaffer526 said:

Has anyone else done this?  The idea seems absurd but I'm strangely interested.  It's fantasy weather!

https://www.wxbattle.com/

Ha! Not all that absurd when you think about how people comment on early winter forecasts trying to guess which cities will jackpot and such. Even here, we have the guess the number of 90° contest for golf balls, so this is just taking those types of things to another level.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

Figs yawn and say just like this August....... 

cansips_z500a_us_1.png.4479cf3a666cfb576bb137b5079ec09b.png

MonthTDeptUS.png.86305b9b4b54a956ee78484b1174fc02.png

SIPs has 10 of the next 12 months with below normal 500mb heights, I will be bold and go with under Alex.

I believe that would be Jim Perry of Card Sharks for the under, not Alex.  I only know this because of a misspent youth. 

1 hour ago, TTNwatcher said:

I believe that would be Jim Perry of Card Sharks for the under, not Alex.  I only know this because of a misspent youth. 

Thanks!  :)  Under would also work for Price Is Right, that was my misspent youth with Bob Barker.

• Like 1

Haha, where else are you gonna get Card Sharks and Price is Right references in a weather banter thread? Love it! All that's missing are some nods to Match Game and The Joker's Wild! By the way, Snoop Dogg is hilarious in the reboot of the latter.

• Like 1

I saw my first half-dozen spotted lanternflies in the yard and on my front door yesterday.  Looks like they've arrived in force.

23 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

I saw my first half-dozen spotted lanternflies in the yard and on my front door yesterday.  Looks like they've arrived in force.

We've been seeing them for weeks, so I'm not looking forward to what they'll be like over the next two months.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SalemCountyNJ said:

Okay, I do a little fishing along the Delaware river / Bay.  But I have never seen anything like this before in my life.  It was caught in Lake Champlain.

https://www.fox29.com/news/fish-with-two-mouths-shocks-anglers-its-a-catch-of-a-lifetime

two-mouthed_fish_FOX.jpg

Those lakes are so polluted from numerous industries up there. I caught a two headed lake trout in Lake Speculator about 25 years ago. It was disgusting.  The pollution is very high in many of those lakes.