*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Meteorological Summer Pattern Discussion, Because Tom <3 It Hot. Summer Analogs On Page 2.

1 hour ago, mshaffer526 said:

I'm sure it won't last long, but I am enjoying the lack of a strong heat signal this far into June.

July is what it is, but right now we are in warmer June phases (5, 6) for the MJO even if the correlations are pretty weak.  Mike Ventrice's site outlook has the MJO remaining pretty stout and phase 8 even in July has a strong statistical correlation of being cooler along the east coast.  So this may add some credence to a relatively cooler start once we get into July. Next week does look pretty warm/hot.  The high behind the Tue "cfp" is coming from the central part of the country, so it is going to be a pretty tough sell to convince me there is not a 90 in there next week.

On 6/20/2019 at 5:53 PM, tombo82685 said:

love how we keep can kicking the 90s. Early next week was looking like 90s, now eps 2m raw numbers are low 80s, which would equate to mid 80s. Lets keep this going.

That didn't last long. EPS now bring first heat wave of the season into the area later next week, ugh

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

That didn't last long. EPS now bring first heat wave of the season into the area later next week, ugh

I'll be in Yellowstone, they just got 8" of snow yesterday.

On 6/22/2019 at 1:49 PM, cbelke said:

Have fun Chris. Pictures?

2 minutes ago, rramblings said:

Have fun Chris. Pictures?

Oh yes. Lot's of pictures coming in the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 1:49 PM, cbelke said:

The first week of July not looking so great either. We get a brief break Sun/Mon and then the spillover effect from the central comes ridge brings us more 90s if it is close to reality as the 4th of July week progresses. 

Conus, not comes, not coins. Autospellcheck (which became editorialize) stinks.