*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

May 12th-May 14th Rainy Day Obs

33 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

lol, Next sunday per 06z gfs.:smiley_emoticons_hot:

gfs_T2m_neus_27.png

I knew there was a reason I liked the ICeisON model:

icon_T2m_neus_55.png.ae4212e96652d5d8a7560f958e475471.png

20 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

I knew there was a reason I liked the ICeisON model:

GFS rounding into mid-summer form. At least we can say next weekend will be warmer and drier.

9 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

GFS rounding into mid-summer form. At least we can say next weekend will be warmer and drier.

Hard to imagine it being colder and wetter. It is probable that Thanksgiving wil we warmer than yesterday.

• Like 1

5/10 - 1.77

5/11 - 0.33

5/12 - 1.11

5/13  = 0.34 (Since midnight)

Total since Friday - 3.55, anyone have a sponge?

In Philly, the record low max for today is 54 - NWS is going with 52, and the HRRR doesn't get any warmer than 50. Pretty amazing, especially since the 3 coldest highs for May 13 will have been set all within the last 3 years.

Capture.PNG

25 minutes ago, ACwx said:

In Philly, the record low max for today is 54 - NWS is going with 52, and the HRRR doesn't get any warmer than 50. Pretty amazing, especially since the 3 coldest highs for May 13 will have been set all within the last 3 years.

Capture.PNG

That's for the airport location which has records back to 1940. The entire Philadelphia period of record goes back to 1874 for temps. Record low max for today is 52 set back in 1882.

Yesterday's high of 54 was the 3rd coolest max for the date.

38 minutes ago, colonel_kurtz said:

That's for the airport location which has records back to 1940. The entire Philadelphia period of record goes back to 1874 for temps. Record low max for today is 52 set back in 1882.

Thanks for clarifying - do you have a link to the site that has that data?

48 minutes ago, ACwx said:

Thanks for clarifying - do you have a link to the site that has that data?

NP, glad you have an interest in weather from a historical standpoint

Link below for the "NOWData"  tab on every NWS Forecast Office local climate page. The Official Reporting Station locations will be listed 1st, the location with entire period of record will be listed as "area", or example "Philadelphia Area". The climate period of record is listed on the Daily Climate Report in the "Observed Weather" tab.

http://sercc.com/nowdata.html

Untitled.png.8553d38db18ae4dfff56b29c68599864.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colonel_kurtz said:

That high was probably right after midnight I would imagine too.  I had a high at home of 57, but was in the mid-40s most of the day. 

1 hour ago, frankdp23 said:

That high was probably right after midnight I would imagine too.  I had a high at home of 57, but was in the mid-40s most of the day. 

That's correct, record low max for Philly was 48 so definitely some impressive chill yesterday afternoon. So many of the daily / monthly record lows at Philadelphia are no longer in play however these type of spring record low max's can be broken because they're rain / marine flow induced.

One of those type of record low max's that'll never be broke is the high of 49 on June 2nd 1907

• Like 1

We had 0.70" in the gauge as of 7:30 this morning.  I'm sure that total will be more than doubled by the time I get home judging by the radar returns.

2.05" in Mount Laurel since Saturday night, not the Barney Purple I am interested in seeing:

past48.png.b51e7fd4e9fd1a2069f177a8d5d5b3f2.png

• Like 1

.80" today so far with the sun trying to pop out now.  2.79" since early morning Saturday 

• Like 1

2.12 since friday at home, about the same at the course. YAY, go May. I will gladly take fall over spring hands down every year. 

.96" for Sunday, .67" today, total 1.63" in NW Chesco and still raining lightly.    48 degrees.

2.31", Just what we need - an overperforming Miller B

so in a steady rain PHL went from 50 degrees at 11:54 am to 53 degrees at 12:36 pm & back down to 50 degrees at 12:54 pm

giving that high of 53 the hairy eyeball.....

Locally 0.97" today 

Event total - 2.36"

49 / 43 for the raw split today

They just totally regraded and repaved our neighborhood 2 weeks ago. Way to go guys. 🙄

81D3F69C-E37E-4621-BFE8-74E113B543C4.jpeg

• Like 3

Today's high temp of only 48.7 was the coldest May 13th maximum temperature in the history of local Chester County records back to 1894. Previous low max was the 49.0 set back in 1938. Also, with another 0.85" of rain today brings our 4 day total to 2.09"

• Like 2

1.87" total. Just had .02" since midnight. 

6:30 AM on May 14th: 2.21 inches since Saturday evening in the Flemington area of Hunterdon County

• Like 1

13 hours ago, frankdp23 said:

.80" today so far with the sun trying to pop out now.  2.79" since early morning Saturday 

Interesting Frank, you are only a few miles from me. You have just over .5 inches more rainfall then me. Obviously you must have been in a heavier rainfall band at some point.