*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Temps/Pcpn/Obs/Boring Weather Discussion

Philly won't break the record low max for today (41F), looks like 42F for sure this afternoon.  Might have been 42F at midnight too.

Record low for Saturday 11/9 is 23F set in 1976.  Record low max is 40F, same year.

1st freeze history at Philadelphia:

1874 - 1939 (various center city locations)

• average date - 11/12 
  • earliest date - 10/15/1876
  • latest date - 12/11/1939

1940 - present (PHL), note - 1945 OBS at center city location

• average date - 11/4
  • earliest date - 10/5/1961
  • latest date - 12/6/2015

1996 - present (ASOS)

• average date - 11/12
  • earliest date - 10/31/2011
  • latest date - 12/6/2015

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, cbelke said:

High of 38 today. Wind was a bit nippy.

We managed a high of 42.4F.  Wind was highly variable, then again I was just in the back yard raking and pulling out dead tomato plants.  The pepper plants near the house die tonight.  :(

19 for a low this morning at TTN

this breaks the record low for the date of 22 set in 1995

this also represents the earliest teens on record, previous earliest was 19 on 11/13/1986

• Like 2

Our low this morning of 20.6 broke the old Western Chester County record of 22.0 set back in 1993. The all-time County record was just missed which is the 19.0 from 1976. We also set a new record low max yesterday of just 39.8 besting the old mark of 41.9 from 2007. Of note today is the last day in Chester County that does not have recorded snowfall until April 2nd

image.png.c8029fc3cb529786f6fd52ace1e9beaf.png

16 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

We managed a high of 42.4F.  Wind was highly variable, then again I was just in the back yard raking and pulling out dead tomato plants.  The pepper plants near the house die tonight.  :(

Everything died here. 

20191109_093708.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, cbelke said:

Everything died here. 

20191109_093708.jpg

Just Bought some amaryllis bulbs. Time to start some indoor planting and look forward to future color. 

• Like 1

Fell just shy of the 10's club with 20.4 this morning in NW Chesco after a high yesterday of 39.9.

Snow dusting still hanging tough on the deck with the shade and the refrigerant properties of wood.   Also snow remnants in the wood pile.

25.3 for the low this morning. Never got above 38 yesterday. Tried to get the zero turn started so I could mulch leaves yesterday but it had a rough time starting and ran rough.  Just too cold and ran too rough to even try and mulch leaves. I'll give it another shot today.

11 minutes ago, susqushawn said:

Low of 32.0 at midnight, ticked up to 34.1 now

We got down to 31.6 at about 4:30.

It was actually a good bit colder in Collegeville, PA last night, but my wife & I picked a perfect time to come to Burlington, VT. Winter Storm Warning in effect from 1 PM Monday to 1 PM Tuesday for 5-10" of snow. Our flight back to PHL is supposed to leave at 2:42 PM on Tuesday which I'm guessing will be okay if the storm wraps up early Tuesday morning, but I wouldn't mind being stuck here an extra day. One of my favorite places I've been!

• Like 1

Now expecting 7-12" here in Winooski, Vermont (right near Burlington). I could seriously see my wife & I moving up here - I'm pretty sure my job would let me move. 🙂 The Trapp Family Lodge XC Center was voted best cross-country ski resort in the US by USA Today and apparently Stowe has the best cross-country skiing in the Easter US. Maybe my days of waiting, hoping, and praying for one or two small windows each winter for good skiing on the Perkiomen Trail could be coming to an end!

• Like 9

RECORD EVENT REPORT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DETROIT/PONTIAC MI 1240 AM EST TUE NOV 12 2019 ...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM SNOWFALL SET AT DETROIT MI... ...RECORD NOVEMBER DAILY SNOWFALL SET AT DETROIT MI... A RECORD DAILY SNOWFALL OF 8.5 INCHES WAS SET AT DETROIT METRO AIRPORT YESTERDAY, NOVEMBER 11TH. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 4.1 SET IN 1984. THE 8.5 INCHES ALSO SET THE NOVEMBER DAILY SNOWFALL AS WELL. THE PREVIOUS RECORD WAS 6.2 INCHES SET ON NOVEMBER 15 1925.

RECORD EVENT REPORT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE INDIANAPOLIS IN 812 AM EST TUE NOV 12 2019 ...RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE AND SNOW DEPTH SET AT INDIANAPOLIS... THE TEMPERATURE AT THE INDIANAPOLIS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT FELL TO 8 DEGREES THIS MORNING. THIS SETS A NEW RECORD LOW FOR THE DATE. THE PREVIOUS RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE FOR THE DATE WAS 14...SET IN 1911. HOWEVER...THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THE RECORD MAY BE BROKEN AGAIN AND PUSHED LOWER BEFORE THE END OF THE DAY AT MIDNIGHT EST TONIGHT. THE LOW TEMPERATURE OF 8 DEGREES THIS MORNING ALSO SETS THE RECORD FOR THE COLDEST SO EARLY IN THE SEASON AND IS THE EARLIEST SINGLE DIGIT TEMPERATURE ON RECORD INDIANAPOLIS. 

• Like 1

winter is upon us so naturally, here i am coming out of the woodwork.

obs - its cold and we had little precip (nothing white).

blue mtn has been blowing snow and they are opening this wknd. crazy. got my season pass but need to head up to scranton to get new gear. after that, winter starts yeeeuuuupp.

• Like 2