*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Temps/Pcpn/Obs/Boring Weather Discussion

Craptastic P&C forecast for my area: chance of rain for each 12-hour period through Sunday night.

6 hours ago, Chubbs said:

American shad @ conowingo dam

amshad.JPG

Water still cold?

BTW April was 3rd warmest April on record at PHL.

Capture.JPGsaasas.JPG.b95f0927176032daa6c83f302a04ace9.JPG

8 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

Water still cold?

BTW April was 3rd warmest April on record at PHL.

Capture.JPGsaasas.JPG.b95f0927176032daa6c83f302a04ace9.JPG

Feet are numb after a couple of hours. Flow has been above normal for about a year now.

Fog is juuuuust starting to break up down here, it's been very thick since late last evening. Pretty cool to see how warm it is just a few thousand feet above the surface - getting close to 70 while we're stuck in the mid 50s at ground level. Should warm quickly once the fog burns off.

download.png

77.5F for the high so far, getting a bit cloudier so don't expect to hit 80.  I did work up a sweat mowing the lawn, TWICE, so I just CAN'T wait for it to hit the 90's... Said no one ever...

83F here in interior SJ.  Too damn nice to be here at work.  Might need to fix that shortly.

78.9F for the high today. Beautiful day out, unless your mowing the lawn or landscaping or work at a golf course. :smiley-greet024:

Sea breeze front continues to march SW bound - noted the wind swing at Sea Isle City with drizzle now and down to 57.3 on my station down there and already down to 55.9 at TTN - just went through KPNE and down to 66 - KVAY down to 60.1 while PHL still at 71.

As of 930pm front looks to lie from about Easton to KDYL to KPNE to KACY

down to 54 degrees, brief 4-5 hr. warm shot today & we'll see how long it takes to get out of the 50's tomorrow

nobody in PA does marine shank like Lower Bucks County

temperature720.png.d8473e06c227acbdfff47613843da570.png

• Like 1

80F high, muggy summer-like evening, Bucks marine shank punched in overnight - 55F

striper.JPG

• Like 4

Driving home from work last night, the cloud tops for those storms down in Maryland were damned impressive.  

One thing I've noticed about comparing the Weather Underground forecasts vs. the Accuweather website, is that WU tends to be far more pessimistic in terms of their forecast language.  For example, if the forecast is for showers early in the morning and clearing in the afternoon, the WU app might say "Mostly Cloudy with an 80% chance of showers".  Whereas Accuweather will say: "Clouds giving way to sun in the afternoon".  I've noticed it on multiple occasions and generally Accuweather tends to be the better descriptor.

2019 looking a lot like 2018 with dribs and drabs of sun with days of clouds and intermittent rain.   Cloudy nights making for above normal normal temperatures in general.    Need some balloon tires for the push mower.   Zero turn mower still out of question in spots.

3 hours ago, iceman56 said:

2019 looking a lot like 2018 with dribs and drabs of sun with days of clouds and intermittent rain.   Cloudy nights making for above normal normal temperatures in general.    Need some balloon tires for the push mower.   Zero turn mower still out of question in spots.

come July you'll be longing for the dribs & drabs days....

Yet another day that turned out to be a lot nicer than I expected.  

60 / 49 split today, skies did brighten late in the afternoon however forecasted upper 60's remained down by PHL. Chalk up another one for Spring shank.

KDIX still down? Need a bigger hammer. 

60F for the high today. 

• Like 1

Looks like I picked a good week to head south.😎

D95E1456-0EEC-479E-A5EF-253916A39F18.jpeg

4D33E3F8-2112-45B3-9EAF-3F90A623E0F0.jpeg

5C11ECBE-204D-4134-B076-52C3C28533B5.jpeg

6A5D2A53-6759-48BB-9A4B-5336579F10BA.jpeg

• Like 8