*** PLEASE REGISTER AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSION!!! ***

THE STAFF WANT YOU TO JOIN US AT PHILLYWX!!!

Register as a member today, and become part of the Delaware Valley weather community!

Our pro and seasoned amateur meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts from around the PA and NJ area together form a great group discussion, and we're asking folks that read our site today to register as members and post along with us!

Don't be intimidated if you're not an expert, ask questions if you're curious or want to build your knowledge!

Whether it's adding to our local profiles by reporting observations (and maybe becoming a SkyWarn Spotter!), or contributing more on the model interpretation side, we'd like you to join us in a constructive and insightful dialogue around all things Philly Weather!

Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Annual Philly Wx Golf Outing @ Northampton Valley @ 10 AM Saturday October 19th.

29 minutes ago, cbelke said:

I called, talked to Dave in the pro shop, there is a frost delay. He said the sun coming up now and starting to hit the course, should be about a 20 min or so delay. He said they will try and speed things up throughout the morning.  I told him to cancel the 9:40am tee time, he said that would help greatly. :ohmy:

I called Dave too!  He said they may do a mini shot gun for the first groups of the day, so that they shouldn't be that far behind.  Well I am going to go take a hot shower now to limber up my back and maybe get my swing speed up to 76mph, 77mph.  It is true, Tom suggested that about 19th hole only.  He'd have to do alot of weaseling.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

I called Dave too!  He said they may do a mini shot gun for the first groups of the day, so that they shouldn't be that far behind.  Well I am going to go take a hot shower now to limber up my back and maybe get my swing speed up to 76mph, 77mph.  It is true, Tom suggested that about 19th hole only.  He'd have to do alot of weaseling.

How could you resist this face

2B249CA5-EA86-4BAF-A300-6A9711AC206D.gif

• Like 2

Good time and glad to put more faces to the names today. Horribly slow play today (Tony) ;) but a beautiful day to be out on the golf course. 

• Like 1

Yes that was fantastic! Glad to be a part of the community! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cbelke said:

Good time and glad to put more faces to the names today. Horribly slow play today (Tony) ;) but a beautiful day to be out on the golf course. 

If I made a few putts, you might have finished a minute sooner. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mshaffer526 said:

Yes that was fantastic! Glad to be a part of the community! 

Same month next year!

Great time today! Sorry I had to leave early and miss the 19th hole and a chance to debate Tom on my micro climate on top of the glacier!

Thanks again!!

Paul

I am going to e/mail Lee, Dean, Mike & Sarah from Mount Holly to see if they are good with keeping it at Northampton.  Sounds like everyone else is fine including Garrison. They found it easier traveling than if we would have golfed at Middletown. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chescopawxman said:

Great time today! Sorry I had to leave early and miss the 19th hole and a chance to debate Tom on my micro climate on top of the glacier!

Thanks again!!

Paul

Some were saying it could have come close to the great Sandy debates. ;)

15 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

Some were saying it could have come close to the great Sandy debates. ;)

It might have been better!! I was ready to share the recently completed analytics done on my data by a colleague at work.... including statistically significant p-value findings....Tom would not have been happy!! Hope you guys had 1 or 2 in my honor.

We should try and pull together an evening or weekend lunch to bring all the forum folks together over the next couple months....non-golfers may like that!

Paul

2 minutes ago, chescopawxman said:

It might have been better!! I was ready to share the recently completed analytics done on my data by a colleague at work.... including statistically significant p-value findings....Tom would not have been happy!! Hope you guys had 1 or 2 in my honor.

We should try and pull together an evening or weekend lunch to bring all the forum folks together over the next couple months....non-golfers may like that!

Paul

Jim Caruso said the same thing. I like the lunch idea, works better than evenings with the distance involved. I like the golfing (ask Tom, I am already discussing 2020 dates with him), but the Saturday rounds are always slow because of me, so that would give us more time to “discuss” things. 😇

• Like 1

Yes, I would love to have another get together sometime between now and next October. 

• Like 2

Nice to see everyone. Thanks to Tony and Carl for organizing.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, susqushawn said:

Who has the group photo?

jim

13 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

Jim Caruso said the same thing. I like the lunch idea, works better than evenings with the distance involved. I like the golfing (ask Tom, I am already discussing 2020 dates with him), but the Saturday rounds are always slow because of me, so that would give us more time to “discuss” things. 😇

Special guest appearance by Tom Lamaine? Maybe we could get his thoughts on Hurricane Sandy?

• Like 1

Sandy was no joke. Ran the generator for seven days til power came back and I'm 60 miles inland.

Over two million households in the state lost power in the storm, 346,000 homes were damaged or destroyed,[2] and 37 people were killed. Storm surge and flooding affected a large swath of the state. Governor Chris Christie said the losses caused by Sandy were "going to be almost incalculable...The devastation on the Jersey Shore is probably going to be the worst we've ever seen."[3]

I would rather have the blizzard of 96 than Sandy.

Hey guys, it was so great to meet you all yesterday! Glad I could finally make it to the 19th hole after wanting to do so for the last few years. It’s amazing how an online community develops its own distinct culture and Philly Wx has always been a great, welcoming place thanks to its moderators and contributing members. I expected to meet a great bunch of guys and I was right! So cool to meet everyone and put faces with (screen) names. Yeah we should definitely get together for a lunch or dinner, it’s great to be around like-minded people. Personally weekday evenings are best but I get what Tony said about travel so would be up for a weekend lunch. It would be great to have something twice a year, keep the golf tradition for fall and then some other social in between, maybe April when we no longer have to worry (hope?) that a snowstorm messes up our plans. Anyway for me as a non-golfer it was a short but fun 19th hole and I appreciate everyone being so welcoming. Wish I had an opportunity to talk with some of you guys longer. Sorry for taking so long to post the pics. Cheers guys!

616DB107-BA47-43AE-9D9E-E0722767B191.jpeg

4B23AD2C-0712-43CA-8F1C-3AA952671953.jpeg

AF205F73-1248-4F3F-9278-75F36F358C88.jpeg

• Like 3

why am I the only one holding a beer and why isn't yoda drinking?

22 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

why am I the only one holding a beer and why isn't yoda drinking?

You're a sloppy drunk? Just taking a wild guess. :bye:

12 minutes ago, cbelke said:

You're a sloppy drunk? Just taking a wild guess. :bye:

lol, I'm not even sure what kind of a drunk I am anymore. Haven't been drunk since college. 

22 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

lol, I'm not even sure what kind of a drunk I am anymore. Haven't been drunk since college. 

We can take care of that and find out. I'm sure with the crew on this site, we can even make it scientific.🍺